Just got back from Melbourne after seeing Nine Inch Nails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
And it was a really good show.. I mean the scale was smaller. BUt I was exceptionally impressed by the quality of the live music.
Much better live and stuff
Particualr favourites were The Frail/The Wretched(Awesome live, specially Thw Wretched) , Wish, Suck, Terrible Lie(Fricking Awesome live too) and Something I can never have was awesome live which suprised me! And You know what you are was a great track from With Teeth!
Oh one other thing Trent looked extemely buffed up like Superman and had shaved head! Twiggy(Jeordie) was hilarious as well!

Cheers

how are they live?

are they like, really moody or are they pretty, you know...light?

NIN are a band I've always wanted to see live, but I don't think I'd have liked to see them on this tour since I'm not that fond of the new album. It sounds like they played quite a lot off the older albums at the gig you went to though, which is a good thing IMO.

And, um, shaved head? :uhoh: :lol:

they rock, bear. i saw them in vancouver a few years ago, and they blew me away. a really high energy show, great light show, fantastic sound, and trent was exxxcellent. :drool:

seriously, one of the best shows i've been to. ever.

Zoomerang96 said:
how are they live?

are they like, really moody or are they pretty, you know...light?
You know I was going thinking it would be all depressive and deep etc.. And some of it hit some strings(Hurt etc) But it really was just a great show and awesome to hear some of those Big songs live, the lighting was great and they were really quite well behaved :) So was the crowd too.. My advice is go see them. Trent is such an awesome Musician!

I saw them in Glasgow earlier this year and they were excellent (althought Trent had his longer hair then and looked less like Hendry Rollins thankfully!).

I love the The Frail/Wretched intro element, and as you said Something I Can Never Have was beautiful, I'm hoping they come back to the UK next year with an arena tour so I can take in the other type of show they'll put on. Love Is Not Enough was a high for me as well. With Teeth is my album of the year, no questions asked.

Lo-Fi said:
I saw them in Glasgow earlier this year and they were excellent (althought Trent had his longer hair then and looked less like Hendry Rollins thankfully!).

I love the The Frail/Wretched intro element, and as you said Something I Can Never Have was beautiful, I'm hoping they come back to the UK next year with an arena tour so I can take in the other type of show they'll put on. Love Is Not Enough was a high for me as well. With Teeth is my album of the year, no questions asked.
:applaud:

timothius said:
What venue did they play in Melbourne? :hmm:

At first I thought the Palais... but I could be totally off, I have no guage on their success... it could even be RLA?

Yeah Rod Laver Arena it was!

Just so you all know, Trent's head is not actually shaved. It's just a buzz cut. The hair is not completely gone. There is a picture on NIN.com from earlier this month where you can see what it looks like.

http://nin.com/current/photos/8_12_05.jpg

And NIN is awesome live. Do yourself a favor and go see them.

Last edited:
greenlight7-11 said:
Just so you all know, Trent's head is not actually shaved. It's just a buzz cut. The hair is not completely gone. There is a picture on NIN.com from earlier this month where you can see what it looks like.

http://nin.com/current/photos/8_12_05.jpg

And NIN is awesome live. Do yourself a favor and go see them.
it was a fair bit shorter than that at the melbourne concert, I would say that pic you have posted is right before he had it done again :)

Originally posted by LuvandPeace1980
it was a fair bit shorter than that at the melbourne concert, I would say that pic you have posted is right before he had it done again :)
OK, you're right. I found pics from Melbourne and it's shorter. But I still wouldn't call it shaved. Shaved would be more like Michael Stipe.

Here are the pics if anyone wants to see:
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/gallery/nine_inch_nails170805/gallery.htm

Back
Top Bottom