Just got back from FOOZER!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
Hi everyone.

I just got home from seeing the kaiser chiefs, weezer and foo fighters. What an amazing 4+ hours of live music. If they come to a city near you I highly recommend you try to see them. The stage for the foos is very very elaborate. And they rivaled U2 in terms of live performance, IMO.

However, the main reason Im writing this is about halfway through the show, Dave got back on the drums and taylor comes up to sing. This is a normal part of the show put as taylor is walking up dave starts drumming Sunday Bloody Sunday. And Chris starts playing it too. You should have seen Taylor Hawkins face, He turned around and said "are you fucking kdding me?"-Dave starts laughing and says "what, no good? Im trying man". I was in the front row and jumping around like an idiot.

I stood out in the rain for 4 hours before the show without a coat (I have dropped to shirt sizes and had yet to buy a jacket, i did today though), I nnow have a cold, but no regrets. They played an amazing set, and Dave was very personal towards the crowd.

Kaiser Chiefs were pretty cool as well. The lead singer walked on the rail about a foot away from me and I was able to shake his hand.

I also got a guitar pick from Dave:hyper:

I saw that show in September. Foos were great, but no SBS for me :angry:

NO SBS FOR YOU!!!

the_soup_nazi017.jpg

edited to :rant: :angry: :mad: ^

Last edited:
I saw them Saturday night and had such a blast! This was my first time seeing the Foos and I was very impressed. Weezer ruled as always, and I enjoyed the Kaiser Chiefs (thanks to my big bro I was digging their album the week before the show). I got the tickets for my brother's birthday...all that for less than 50 bucks? Definately a fucking awesome bargain!

I caught Foozer in Grand Rapids with the Kaiser Chiefs and they were fucking brilliant. Great set lists for both bands. I especially loved the Weezer cover of Big Me and Cold Day in the Sun. Plus I got to touch Dave Grohl as he ran by me after he left the B-stage. Overall a great night

yea they did as well in cleveland I thought that was cool......

Lady Lemon, what did you think of Dave drumming the SBS intro?

saw a band called Of a Revolution over the summer....2nd row center stage....they played a full version of SBS. It rocked !

Never saw the Foos....I'd like to before they break up or I die.

Um, I didn't notice any SBS :reject:

However I totally dug the lead vocals switcheroo with the Weez: Scott for "Dope Nose", Brian for "Why Bother?" and Pat totally rocking out with "Photograph" with Rivers on drums. Then after "Photograph", Pat immediately tearing into Blur's "Song 2" :up:

i saw this show in northern virginia last nite. it was pretty . . . meh. i was there mainly for the weez, who were competent if not terribly exciting. the crowd was definitely a foo fighters crowd, not too many people were into weezer's performance. highlights of weezer's set were probably el scorcho and surf wax usa. we also got the song 2 cover, which was cool. no tired of sex though, bummer

foo fighters were, uh, ugh. as someone who went through my influential angst phases during the grunge era, it was kinda upsetting to see dave grohl playing the kind of uninspired pandering bloated arena rock show that kurt cobain loathed. dave getting behind the drums did create a bit of excitement, but i don't think he did an sbs tease. or he may have, but i didn't hear it, because i was yelling for him to play scentless apprentice

I missed Foozer in Chicago because of work...:sad:

Oh well, I've seen Weezer three times this year, and I caught the Kaiser Chiefs at Lolla...

~LadyLemon~ said:
Um, I didn't notice any SBS :reject:

However I totally dug the lead vocals switcheroo with the Weez: Scott for "Dope Nose", Brian for "Why Bother?" and Pat totally rocking out with "Photograph" with Rivers on drums. Then after "Photograph", Pat immediately tearing into Blur's "Song 2" :up:

It was right when dave god on the drums......He started drumming it then chris started the intro on the guitar and they both started laughing while Taylor said are you serious?

It was very short (15 secs) no singing or anything......I just found it funny is all.

Back
Top Bottom