Just curious ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
I don't like the beatles... honestly :|
i think that yellow submarine is an animation masterpiece, but I don't really like the music...

I just wanna know who else belong to this little minority who doesn't like the beatles :D...

PS: I don't mean that their music has to burn in hell or that lennon deserved to die... i just don't like the beatles.. that's all

Last edited:
I'm going to translate u2popmofo's post:

"I'm speechless"

*I hope that I'm right*

if you dislike them, yet respect their influence on music, then OK. not good, but that's just your opinion. i don't really enjoy listening to jimi hendrix, and sometimes find his stuff overrated, but i don't claim he didn't have any kind of impact on music.

if you flat-out do no like them, listen to any form of rock/pop music, and still think they suck shit, then you are an idiot. don't take it personally. this is the reason i couldn't bring myself to like REM for several years (read something once were michael stipe said the beatles didn't mean a fucking thing to him).

I own Sgt. Pepper and really like it, but I just never really took the time to explore The Beatles.

the beatles must have been awesome in their time.

but because i live today, they don't sound fresh or relevant to me. i can understand why people like them though.

IWasBored said:
if you dislike them, yet respect their influence on music, then OK. not good, but that's just your opinion. i don't really enjoy listening to jimi hendrix, and sometimes find his stuff overrated, but i don't claim he didn't have any kind of impact on music.

if you flat-out do no like them, listen to any form of rock/pop music, and still think they suck shit, then you are an idiot. don't take it personally. this is the reason i couldn't bring myself to like REM for several years (read something once were michael stipe said the beatles didn't mean a fucking thing to him).

the funny thing is, that it seems "obligatory" to like the beatles if you listen Rock/pop music, and some people say that your are an "idiot" if you simply don't like them. I don't like rock bands just because i have to or because they are important in history and stuff like that. a lot of my friends doent like U2 but i don't think they are idiots...

Obviously, nobody can deny the musical and comercial influence they had, but there's no a law that says that you HAVE to like them!!!... besides, like i said before, saying "I dont like them" doesn't mean "they suck"...

Lyrically in the early beatles they were bubble gum rock and roll. I think the main thing about them was that they came in a time when no one else was around.
I like some of their older work I own Abbey Road and really like the albums. I like Lennon by himself and McCartney by himself. Otherwise in today day and age they wouldn't have made a dent in history like they did.

i am not a big Beatles fan but i understand that they were important. strangely, i am the only person in my immediate family who owns any Beatles music...my dad had a copy of Sgt. Pepper's but we left it in Zaire and it was probably stolen in the war. hopefuly someone over there is listening to it, or has listened to it. dont want it to go to waste!
okay, back to the main subject...

I know several people that flat out think the Beatles "suck", and one person that thinks they are ok but Mr T Experience is much better. :scratch:

I got really into them in high school and I still have some albums, but I rarely listen to them anymore. :shrug:

I just bought Abbey Road yesterday and agree with the people who say that the second half of that album is excellent (with all the songs flowing into each other). I like them, but I don't like everything of them. But with their melodies and self-written lyrics they did show the rock world what could be possible.

I respect The Beatles, they have great lyrics, but there sound dopesn't excite me or take me to another place. I don't like Radiohead, they annoy me, see everyone is different.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom