Just curious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I'm a caucasian, born and raised in the U.S...I've got some Swedish, French, and German in my roots.

Indian-American (I guess that's the right term, not to be confused with American Indians) but of course born and raised in the USA.

Wiggum: Freeze, goombahs! We're shuttin' you down, you filthy I-talians.
Lou: [whispers something to Chief Wiggum]
Wiggum: Oh, right, right, filthy I-talian-Americans!

tongue.gif
Just kidding folks!

------------------
Change is the only constant

aside from being born and raised in canada...

my whole area is pretty much german. my ancestors come mostly from germany and partly from russia.

as you can tell by almost all the town and village names where i live (the german language is almost as popular as english is here) we are dominantly german.

examples... i live in and around these places:

gnadenfeld, nubergthal, halbstadt, altona (also suburb of hamburg), rosenfeld, gretna, and sommerfeld. i believe you will find all of these places in germany as well.

its also come to my knowledge within the past year or so that several former german soldiers of ww2 also have settled around these parts. i want to meet one of them one day, curiousity sake, however ive heard they dont wish to talk about it with anyone, and that i can understand.

------------------
-deathbear

Born and raised in the USA but my pedigree is as follows:

Paternal Grandmother: French Canadian (came to the US in 1940's)

Paternal Grandfather: Swedish

Maternal Grandmother: English/German Mix

Maternal Grandfather: German

i'm an american- lived here my whole life.

my ethnic background:

50% Italian (Sicilian, actually)
25% Irish
25% Dutch, Welsh, English (all those pale people, ya know! lol!)

50% Sicilian
50% Hungarian

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

I hope people don't dig into this and make it controversial, I just wanna know the spread of nationalities here. I especially am interested in how many black people visit here because I've never met a U2 fan who was black or african/canadian/american.

I guess that no more than 5% of those who visit here are black. But I could be very wrong.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

uhhhh, this thread is a little weird.
confused.gif

i am a white american. but i know fans of all different races- asian, middle eastern, hispanic, african-american, etc....

i think U2's music cuts across borders and appeals to all different races/nationalities.
smile.gif

I know, I hesitated more than once before posting this. I'm not promoting segregation or anything. just curious

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I am Italian/American. Or more specifically, Sicilian/American.

But I was born in the U.S. of A!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Back
Top Bottom