Just Back From The Jesse Malin Concert + Pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Just Back From The Jesse Malin Concert

WOW!!!!!!! :hyper:

Well, after dropping April off, I still had a 2 hour drive home, so I'm just stumblin' in now.

It was general admission, and we were front row, center along with a friend of mine from the Ryan Adams board (it was our first time meeting...we all had fun together though). There were two opening acts...the Deadstring Brothers and Friction Plane. Both of them were most excellent, and had some very hot band members! :drool: April used up almost all of our Jesse film on taking pictures of Friction Plane. :mad: :laugh: After they performed, it was like, damn! That was killer, AND we still have Jesse yet!!!!!

When Jesse came on...oh my gosh...I felt like I'd died and gone to Heaven! And he was RIGHT THERE...I've never been front row, center at a concert...I was in awe. I even felt spit and/or sweat hit me! :laugh: He performed every song from his album, except for "Xmas" and "Cigarettes and Violets" (C&V was on the setlist, along with "Hungry Heart", but they weren't played). He told good stories and gave an excellent performance. At the end, he said, "See you in the summer!" Man, if he comes back...I would most definitely go see him again!

*cute moment*

Between one of the songs, I sneezed, and Jesse said, "Bless you! Or...what is it they say? Gesundheit?" Then he looked at me and smiled. :cute:

I'm so happy. :heart:

I'm sure April will give a report later today!

Ha You've been blessed by Jesse Malin :laugh: I'm glad you guys had a great time. What did you and April do for the very long drive though? :der: I expect some "interesting" stories to come out from your trip :wink:

We went straight in turn lanes, almost went the wrong way down one ways (I caught myself this time, unlike last time we went to a concert in Detroit)...and we were sitting at an intersection, looking at the map to try to find out where the venue is...and not realizing that the venue is right smack next to us..............:der: We ended up driving down the road, wondering where the hell it was! :laugh:

The neighborhood was not a nice one either. I had wanted to park and walk around to kill time before the doors opened, but April said we shouldn't walk around that neighborhood. She knows that neck of the woods better than me...I took her word for it.

Besides, I have a tendency to not be too cautious sometimes...

*goes off to a dark alley downtown to eat candy given to me by a stranger*

Last edited:
I also had some difficulty in navigating a curve in the road.....it made April scream. :laugh: <---- I can laugh now, since it turned out fine.

I confess though...for a second there, I thought I was gonna smuck the car up. :uhoh: :silent:

Don't tell my dad!

Ooohh, I can't wait to see Jesse Malin! :hyper: And Fiction Plane too! I hope they open for Jesse's show here. :heart:

dizzy said:
Isn't one of the members of Fiction Plane Sting's son? :confused:

That's cool...I didn't know if that was for real or not. Liz's dad came back from the bar, and he was like, "Hey, a guy at the bar said that that guy in Fiction Plane is Sting's son!" Liz said, "Oh, Dad, he was probably drunk." :laugh:

Me with Seton, guitarist for Fiction Plane :heart: :

3373334323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3Dxroqdf%3E2323387%3B8%3C%3A%3A4ot1lsi

(sorry, picture of a picture :eek: )

:hyper:

APRIL!!!

Where are the Jesse pictures????????? Like the few that you were able to take with what little film was left after the opening acts...:mad: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom