June 10, a good day for spending cash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Ah yes, yet another glorious CD release day has arrived. This day may out do any other day I've ever posted about for it's sheer magnitude of cool stuff coming out. I'll cut to the chase, June 10 cd's being released are:

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
Grandaddy - Sumday
Metallica - St. Anger
Dropkick Murphys - Blackout

Feel free to include any other cd's coming out that day, and your thoughts. I personally will probaby be buying all 4 (if the Metallica one ends up being good I'll get it, otherwise screw it)

f89926cf3zd.jpg

f89544svten.jpg

f90867bh3dn.jpg

f89925zhy8t.jpg

Last edited:
I personally think Grandaddy have the coolest album cover of the 4 I posted.

As far as St. Anger goes... all early indications are that if you like the early Metallica stuff, Kill 'em All through ... And Justice for All, but can imagine it being even heavier and faster, then you'll like it. All the reviews I've read of any tracks are really strong, if that really means anything to you.

UnforgettableLemon said:
As far as St. Anger goes... all early indications are that if you like the early Metallica stuff, Kill 'em All through ... And Justice for All, but can imagine it being even heavier and faster, then you'll like it. All the reviews I've read of any tracks are really strong, if that really means anything to you.

:up:

Basstrap said:
I heard the Dropkick Murphy's suck,
like...a lot

:shrug:

There are quite a few people who would disagree with you to the extreme on this in this forum alone, let alone in the punk world.

They're one of the headlining bands for the Warped Tour this year.

I would like the Radiohead album ( I don't have any of their earlier ones ...yet!) but because of my sons, if I buy any, it will be the Metallica album. We have a great big soft spot for Bob Rock and he plays bass on this one, a bit of a special thing for us.
Bob Rock Rocks:)
June 5 is also World Environamnt Day Kirk:up:
I haven't heard the other 2 bands

Radiohead a definite...

Go buy "How the West Was Won" today. Now. Why are you just sitting there?

Radiohead for me, maybe the Dropkicks in future (I :heart: what Iv'e heard so far, but maybe I'm better off with an older album first).

Re: Grandaddy, I still need to get into more of their stuff, and Metallica I'm not too huge on, but I've got a mate who likes them alot so maybe I could sneak a listen (and that's one nice cover with the fist).

Just heard the title track from St. Anger, and I did not enjoy it at all. It sounds like Lars took some punk drumming lessons, and the result is the bastard child of the Deftones (old stuff) and the Canadian all female band Kitty. Ouch. Maybe it has to do with the fact I've only heard it once, but the mix of their hard power chords and uneven drumming definitely deters prospects of buying the new album.

WHOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

:D

dropkicks and radiohead for me (and punk o rama 8, unless i find it today, but that all depends on what i do this afternoon :mad: i should have that cd already)

i'm curious what the radio station got this week...:hyper: perhaps we'll have both albums and i'll be able to play stuff on my show tomorrow :hyper:

I hate stuff like that Yertle. I see "value" or "discovery price" stickers on things all the time, but then I look at the price and get ticked off. Stupid stores.

yeah and half the time you never find what you want

(curses!)

I am so getting Hail to the Thief, if only for the fact I feel guilty for downloading the whole thing. I've never gotten a full album before.

I've been needing to purchase Amnesiac. Perhaps I'll wait until the 10th and buy it with HTTT. Sounds like a good one-two punch.

Back
Top Bottom