july 24, 1998

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
August 18 1998 :(

Sept 25 2004 :)

And most important one is the night of December 22, 2004. No smilie can relate my mood on that night.

December 3, 1974 - born
December 17, 1974 - adopted
January 5, 2004 - :(
June 1, 2004 - Moved to Chicago and started my journey back to myself.

neutral :hug:

Originally posted by elevation2u :wave:, glad to see other fellow adopted interference members
i, too, was adopted

that makes three of us.

:wave:

may 1976--adopted
31 december 1992--no comment
31 january 1996--the great spleen rupture incident
11 march 2000--accepted to law school
15 february 2002--no short explanation will suffice
19 july 2005--everything in its right place

I love this thread, because I look at other people's dates and try to remember what I was doing on those dates. I wonder if I knew at all that other people were having the most important days of their lives while I was just going about my business with no idea...

5 stars, seriously. :up:

jan. 8, 2004 (got married)

april 25, 1996 (daisy came into this world)

feb. 6, 2001 (found my exhusband's emails to gf he met online)

march 15, 2001 (told him i was sticking to his decision to leave me)

dec. 24th 2002 (recieved final divorce papers)

may 30, 2003 (a man came looking for me on the internet)

Aug 24, 2004....

Since then... it seems like a lot has happened. That date represents the "end" of the first major part of the divorce between my dad and stepmom. It also has to do with a type of relationship that has really made me think a lot about who I am, what I want, and what I think about love.

I used to think it was just a group of 4 letters, insubstantial.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel

that is my favorite sig in all of intereference... rattle and hum, right? I'll take a further guess - In God's Country?

----------------

June 24th 2005 "graduation"
But it will be more significant when I am actually in college....

Zoomerang96 said:
seven years ago today, i became a very different person.

it's amazing really.

no need to get into specifics, it's not important to this discussion.

however, i'm curious if any of you can point to a certain day in your life where you can honestly say that things changed forever, for you?

What's up with the mystery, mystery man? Great thread, but you seem intent on remaining an enigma...which is sad in some ways. Plus, you can't afford a replacement keyboard? That's even sadder.

Three life-changing dates for me:

July 2nd, 1986...day I flew from Deer Lake, Newfoundland to Vancouver, B.C. to meet up with my dad for a three week summer vacation. I was just a kid, and haven't been back since, but B.C.'s spirit and beauty are still etched in my mind.

August 20-something, 1987...returning home from Toronto, listening to U2's "The Joshua Tree" on cassette in the car stereo. It was the first time I recall listening to them...I was dead tired, staring out the window, watching the tall grass blowing in the wind along the raod. The music felt so different than the crap in my walkman...more real, tangible, impactful....it just stuck.

September 11th, 2001....a beautiful day , and a day full of chaos. Like it was in New York, the weather was stunning here in Newfoundland that day. We all saw the carnage on televsion, read about it in the paper...but what impacted me the most was a sight I saw first-hand. Though the airport in St. John's was closed, I walked up there on foot from university. I wanted to see what I had only heard about on radio: hundreds (it seemed) of jets parked wing-tip to wing-tip on the runway, baring colours from around the world. Everything was still. It was the strangest and most compelling thing I'd seen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom