july 20, 1969...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
icover1.jpg

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/ap11ann/introduction.htm

It still boggles my mind that we accomplished this in 1969!

Watching video of the landing still brings a tear of amazement to my eye.

nbcrusader said:
It still boggles my mind that we accomplished this in 1969!

Watching video of the landing still brings a tear of amazement to my eye.

It amazes me too. I wasn't around back then...makes me wonder why we haven't ventured "out there" as much as we could.

WOW, I hope the hoax posts are just joking. Even if you are, thats still bad IMO.

You know, because NASA likes to have massive explosions that kill astronauts just to make going to space look like it is actually happening! Its why 3 astronauts were incenerated on the launch pad testing the Saturn rocket that was the first step towards going to the moon. Its why 3 astronauts were almost killed in space going to the moon and were very lucky to make it back. Anyone that takes these conspiracy theories or kook theories seriously is dishonoring the people that died and put their lives on the line so we could get there. I dont think its funny to even joke about. sorry

Last edited:
i think it is a hoax,

i had to write a long term paper on it once..and there were many reasons why they needed to do a big space acheivement since they were falling behind soviet's space program.
plus there are a lot of scientists journals that say it is impossible human to actually go on the moon for x reasons.

elevation2u said:
i think it is a hoax,

i had to write a long term paper on it once..and there were many reasons why they needed to do a big space acheivement since they were falling behind soviet's space program.
plus there are a lot of scientists journals that say it is impossible human to actually go on the moon for x reasons.

Sorry but that is a load of BS. There are probebly 10 x's more scientists journals that indicate it is possible and that we did it. Because you read it somewhere does not make it a fact. The fact is that if you were to present both sides of the story, with the factual data available, it is a landslide and/or mountain of evidence that we went with no hard evidence that we didnt. But go ahead and believe your kook conspiracy theories. Sorry, I just think its sad that some of these people with their outlandish theories have caused you to believe it was a hoax.

That's my sister's birthday. They walked on the moon that day. I'll never forget it (I was 5 at the time). She never let me forget it
Pilote.gif

I remember that day, too. I had my first date with my future husband on that day! We have been married this year for 35 years.

Great Post. It's always nice to be reminded just how lofty mankind can set it's goals sometimes. If you're too young to remember, or just want to relive the experience of a great achivement, I can recommend 2 outstanding DVDs.
From the Earth to the Moon by Tom Hanks. A remastered version is being released this fall. It originally aired as a mini-series on HBO.
Apollo 11: Men on the Moon. Hours of film and Tv transmissions direct from the NASA vaults.

INDY500 said:
Great Post. It's always nice to be reminded just how lofty mankind can set it's goals sometimes. If you're too young to remember, or just want to relive the experience of a great achivement, I can recommend 2 outstanding DVDs.
From the Earth to the Moon by Tom Hanks. A remastered version is being released this fall. It originally aired as a mini-series on HBO.
Apollo 11: Men on the Moon. Hours of film and Tv transmissions direct from the NASA vaults.

From the Earth To The Moon was a great 'series' of shows on HBO. I remember watching them when they first aired. Well done too
Pilote.gif
(as close to an astronaut that I could find!)

Back
Top Bottom