July 11th, I await thee - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Pink Floyd Pulse - Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1 in DVD

Old 07-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

In my experience, the cheapest price you're going to get for a CD is when it's released. At the record store I go to, all the new releases are discounted a couple dollars. If you wait a month later, that's when the price goes back up to something I usually won't pay. That's why I always try to go get stuff I want right when it's released, because it usually costs me a couple bucks less.
Ah, the cheapest price is usually when it is put on sale several years later, isn't it?

I know what you mean, though. But even if it's a couple of dollars lower, I still think it's too high.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #48
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:05 PM
$8.99 - $11.99 USD is too expensive? That's the price I generally pay for CDs the week they're released. I'll pay a buck or two more at my local store just to support them, but overall that's a pretty standard "release price".

Regardless, if it's too expensive do you really need it? That's what I never understand, why do people steal it if they won't pay for it? If you cant justify spending money for it, you don't need it. Seems pretty simple to me, especially for an entertainment item. I guess some of us grew up in the age where we couldn't get music for free and still managed to acquire large collections as high school/college students. The whole "I'm too poor/music costs too much" thing is absolute BS to me, as I managed to survive both of these periods of my life without commiting crimes to attain music I wanted.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:05 PM
I am buying The Eraser tomorrow. In fact, I'm buying multiple copies as birthday gifts so I don't want to hear any flack for the one teaser song I allowed to be sent to me prior to its release.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

People that download teasers are cheaters.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I am buying The Eraser tomorrow. In fact, I'm buying multiple copies as birthday gifts so I don't want to hear any flack for the one teaser song I allowed to be sent to me prior to its release.

My birthday's in November...

Just kidding! I'm buying The Eraser tomorrow too. I have yet to hear a note of it, but in Thom I trust.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

My birthday's in November...

Just kidding! I'm buying The Eraser tomorrow too. I have yet to hear a note of it, but in Thom I trust.

The one song I heard is the best song I've heard by anyone all year. Trusting in Thom is easy. Actually I've heard two because I just watched the clip from Thom's performance on The Henry Rollins Show and it's must-have.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think the smiley pretty much sums up Thom in a nutshell.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
I'll pay a buck or two more at my local store just to support them...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #55
War Child

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Quote:
$8.99 - $11.99 USD is too expensive? That's the price I generally pay for CDs the week they're released. I'll pay a buck or two more at my local store just to support them, but overall that's a pretty standard "release price".

Regardless, if it's too expensive do you really need it? That's what I never understand, why do people steal it if they won't pay for it? If you cant justify spending money for it, you don't need it. Seems pretty simple to me, especially for an entertainment item. I guess some of us grew up in the age where we couldn't get music for free and still managed to acquire large collections as high school/college students. The whole "I'm too poor/music costs too much" thing is absolute BS to me, as I managed to survive both of these periods of my life without commiting crimes to attain music I wanted.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So Thom's mug was on the cover of the Spin magazine sitting in my mailbox today. Pretty interesting article/interview in there with some nice photos. I especially liked where they had Thom make comments on each R.head album.

I cannot wait to hear The Eraser.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #57
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

My dislike for PULSE has nothing to do with Roger Waters. It's more to do with the fact that The Division Bell isn't my cup of tea and that I think Pink Floyd completely took the life out of some of their earlier songs. That version of Run Like Hell makes my skin crawl, and not in a good way.

The lighting and production is amazing, though.
chya really.

it's a travesty that PULSE is out on DVD over a Wall show. Unless I'm wrong, then I'll jump for joy in my chair.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

it's a travesty that PULSE is out on DVD over a Wall show. Unless I'm wrong, then I'll jump for joy in my chair.
It's a shame that The Wall hasn't seen an official VHS/DVD release. I think it will happen, because the tapes do exist. It's just a question of when.

Check this out!

It's officially the 11th! My Eraser and Muse CDs are only going to arrive between the 17th and the 19th. This makes me sad, but what's a few more days? I'm so excited to hear The Eraser. It's one of the few releases this year that I've really been looking forward to.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Americans are so lucky

Where I live, a new CD costs around $26.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

Americans are so lucky

Where I live, a new CD costs around $26.
ha ha sucks to be you :