JTBATC Artist League Nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The Clash
2. Talking Heads
3. Van Morrison
4. Depeche Mode
5. Springsteen
6. The National
7. Earth Wind and Fire
8. Sam Cooke
9. Catherine Wheel
10. Martha and the Vandellas

I'm going to keep this thread open until the end of Thursday maybe Friday too and then hopefully get the main competition started next week so if anyone has any more nominations for bands to be in it, make sure you get them in

And if anyone has any questions about the competition just ask me here :)

ha, i'm sure none of my picks will make it, but here goes...

split enz
crowded house
depeche mode
duran duran
david bowie
joy division
sparks
echo and the bunnymen
liam finn
tim finn

U2
R.E.M.
The Beach Boys
AC/DC
Frank Sinatra
Jacques Brel
Belle & Sebastian
The Shins
Frank Zappa
Leonard Cohen

U2
R.E.M.
The Beach Boys
AC/DC
Frank Sinatra
Jacques Brel
Belle & Sebastian
The Shins
Frank Zappa
Leonard Cohen

Due to the high number of nominations both U2 and REM have already received I'm not counting any further nominations for them so if you want to replace them with someone else you can

In alphabetical order (thank you iTunes):

Air
The Beatles
Coldplay
Doves
Elbow
Iron & Wine
Radiohead
Ryan Adams
Travis
U2

Again you can replace U2 with another artist, the Beatles as well

The bands nominations are no longer being accepted for are U2, The Beatles, Pink Floyd and REM

We need more Pavement up in this bitch.

Agreed.

Here's my list (minus U2 and R.E.M., both of which would be at the top):

Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals (include his solo work if you'd like, he's very much in the same situation as Tom Petty and Springsteen)
Explosions in the Sky
The Flaming Lips
This Will Destroy You
Muse
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Pavement
The Shins
The National
Raine Maida

Agreed.

Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals (include his solo work if you'd like, he's very much in the same situation as Tom Petty and Springsteen)
Explosions in the Sky
The Flaming Lips
This Will Destroy You
Muse
Pavement
The Shins
The National
Raine Maida

Thanks for the list :)

And with that list Springsteen becomes the latest artist to reach the max number of nominations, so to recap the bands you can no longer nominate are

Pink Floyd
U2
The Beatles
REM
And now Bruce Springsteen

Agreed.

Explosions in the Sky
The Flaming Lips
This Will Destroy You
Muse
Pavement
The Shins
The National
Raine Maida

Raine but not OLP? :wink:

1. Travis
2. Nouvelle Vague
3. Ryan Adams
4. Muse
5. Moby
6. Vampire weekend
7. Nerina Pallot
8. Kylie
9. Ray LaMontagne
10. Belle and Sebastian

U2
The Beatles
Radiohead
The Killers
Nine Inch Nails
The Who
The Clash
Coldplay
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin

Hey, just to let you know you can replace your U2 and Beatles nominations with other bands as they both have received the maximum number of nominations

I'm gonna leave the nominating open until 3am, that's about 9 hours after this post, so if anyone else wants to make a nomination do it now, thanks

And just to let people know the list of artists no longer being counted are U2, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, REM, Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead and Led Zeppelin. So if you could use your vote for them for other bands, thanks :)

Hey, Irishteen, I have some questions if you don't mind.

How is this shaping up...do you know yet how many total artists will be in the competition? And how many "nominations" did an artist need to enter the final League? Because if there are any artists that I really like that only need one more nomination to enter the league, well then I would be willing to change my stupid 10 girl artists list and maybe help some bands get in.

Could we maybe see the list or somethin?

Minus R.E.M. and U2...

Pearl Jam
Bruce Springsteen
Damien Rice
Bell X1
Beatles
Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Eagles
Snow Patrol
Killers

Minus R.E.M. and U2...

Pearl Jam
Bruce Springsteen
Damien Rice
Bell X1
Beatles
Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Eagles
Snow Patrol
Killers

Beatles, Radiohead, and Springsteen also already have enough votes to enter the league so if you would like you can submit three other bands to replace those.

:wink:

Hey, Irishteen, I have some questions if you don't mind.

How is this shaping up...do you know yet how many total artists will be in the competition? And how many "nominations" did an artist need to enter the final League? Because if there are any artists that I really like that only need one more nomination to enter the league, well then I would be willing to change my stupid 10 girl artists list and maybe help some bands get in.

Could we maybe see the list or somethin?

At the moment 156 separate artists have been nominated

The final structure of the league I'm thinking of going with the for the competition is four leagues of 20 artists/bands each

The four leagues will be
A Premier
Championship
and a Third Division A and B

At the end of each "season" four bands will be relegated from the Premier to the Championship and four will go up. And from the Championship four will be relegated and two will be promoted from both the Third Division A and B.

The twenty bands with the most nominations will make it which will be every band/artist with 4 or more nominations, the rest will be decided at random from the bands who have 3. At the moment the bands who have 3 are Wilco, Depeche Mode, Crowded House, Split Enz,The Flaming Lips,The National,Travis, Ryan Adams, The Killers; if no one else votes for any of these bands the ones who get into the Premier will be selected at random with the rest competing in the Championship.

The Championship will be the bands with 3 who didn't make the Premier and a random selection of the bands with 2 (at the moment there are 27).

The Third Division will consist of 10 (I think) bands wiith 2 nominations who don't make it into the Championship and a random selection of 30 of the bands with one nomination; some of the bigger names of these are

Bob Dylan, Morrissey, Joy Division, The White Stripes, the Smashing Pumpkins, Tori Amos, Madonna, The Doors, Beck, Britney Spears, Queen, Bloc Party, John Lennon, New Order, Elvis Costello, Pulp, Explosions in the Sky.

If none of those artists receive any more votes they will only have a 1 in the 3 chance (roughly) of making it into the competition.

Alright, cool. Thanks.

So could you please put Bob Dylan in place of Michelle Branch on my list?

Bobby D. has got to be up in this.

Thanks for letting me know guys...

In exchange of Bruce, Beatles and Radiohead... I'll throw in the Eagles, Kings Of Leon and the Doors ;)

Great idea for a game btw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom