JTBATC Artist League Nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes: :rockon: John, I hope you are not sticking to just 10 bands. Sorry if this is mentioned in the OP. But the more bands, the more interesting it will be!

The plan is to divide it up into divisions, with the bands who receive the most nominations being the ones to start at the top, and the ones who receive less starting lower down. With a promotion/relegation system so we can see bands move up and down through the ranks as time goes on.

The amount of bands included (and the minimum nominations required for them to be in it) while be based on how it looks after all the nominations are in. I'm hoping to find a system that will allow most of the bands who have been nominated take part; but I can't really decide on that until we get some more nominations.

I'm going to ask a favor, if it's not too much trouble: replace John Frusciante into my rankings, and take out Radiohead. Thanks if you can do that.

I'm going to ask a favor, if it's not too much trouble: replace John Frusciante into my rankings, and take out Radiohead. Thanks if you can do that.

No problem

I think I'm also going to stop accepting nominations for bands once they reach 10, which will hopefully allow other bands to receive more nominations in the process.

And if there's many artists left and just a few spots after you put the biggest vote receivers in, you could have a poll for the last couple to get in on.

And if there's many artists left and just a few spots after you put the biggest vote receivers in, you could have a poll for the last couple to get in on.

Sounds like a good idea too

I guess we'll see how it goes when we get more noms and then we can take it from there

Irishteen, I'm sorry, but scratch my list again. I've finally settled on my true saucy 10.

Girls A-L-O-U-D
Taylor Swift
Ashlee Simpson
Carrie Underwood
Sugababes
Michelle Branch
Fiona Apple
Miley Cyrus
Avril Lavigne
Britney Spears

Irishteen, I'm sorry, but scratch my list again. I've finally settled on my true saucy 10.

Girls A-L-O-U-D
Taylor Swift
Ashlee Simpson
Carrie Underwood
Sugababes
Michelle Branch
Fiona Apple
Miley Cyrus
Avril Lavigne
Britney Spears

Maybe we should give you your own special division :wink:

Pink Floyd
Radiohead
The Beatles
Queen
Sigur Rós
Arcade Fire
Bloc Party
Porcupine Tree
The Smiths
Blur

Seeing as Pink Floyd have now reached 10 nominations, further nominations for them will not be accepted, please use your vote for another band/artist thank you :)

Eh I'm not fussy. You could include the Heartbreakers! :wink:

Btw, what is JTBATC? :scratch:

I would think that it is only right to not count TP separate from the Heartbreakers, since, even when he's got a "solo" album out, he usually records it with at least two or three of them, and they perform all of TP's songs life. Does that make sense? It feels like you would be counting Bruce Springsteen as separate from Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band to me.

Bono_212's nominations

U2
Bruce
Peter Gabriel
The Killers
Tom Petty + co
Pink floyd
R.e.m.
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
David Bowie

:hmm: I feel like The Who deserve to be here somewhere, but I just don't know who I want to take out.

U2
Pearl Jam
The Who
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street band
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Alice in Chains
Motley Crue
Simple Minds
Gene Loves Jezebel

Both Pink Floyd and U2 have now hit 10 nominations, so if you could please exclude them from future nomination lists that would be great; some people here have interesting taste :lol:

I don't expect the Killers to get in :shrug: I expect The Who to. but I'm not going to exclude one of my top favorite bands.

U2
Rammstein
Children Of Bodom
Porcupine Tree
The Tragically Hip
Live
Dark Tranquility
Sublime
John Lennon

U2 actually don't need anymore nominations so if you want to replace them with another band you can :)

hi, I'd like to drop Pink Floyd from my list (cause they don't need the vote) and add P Funk. I always forget them when I make lists, but they really are one of the greatest.

All right, done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom