joyfulgirl on tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: joyfulgirl on tour

joyfulgirl said:

Come to the Tori show, too! They are still putting good seats on sale each day.

Are the Radiohead shirts cool? :hyper:

I don't think I can bec. I'm gonna be so busy packing my stuff to move to another apt. :scream:

Radiohead shirts...dunno how they look, but I have to get one! :D

:wave:

I'm back from my tour. I posted the setlist for Bjork in Skeek's Bjork thread. I had to miss Radiohead--long story--and was heartbroken about it. The whole trip I kept listening to Radiohead over and over and over and wondering why the hell I had to miss that show. A week later I was in the same venue where I was supposed to have seen Radiohead with DiGi and Dizzy, there to see Tori Amos, and though I was excited to see Tori I have seen her so many times that I kept thinking I should be here to see Radiohead. Why isn't this a Radiohead show instead of a Tori Amos show.

Anyway, it was the best seat I've ever had to see Tori. I don't know how I got that seat 2 weeks before the show, but it was like a VIP seat that somehow was put on sale and I was online at the right moment. This was a hometown show for Tori and she had lots of friends and family there, many people around me had all-access backstage passes, and I had seats way way way better than her own parents. It was kinda trippy.

Anyway, here's the setlist:

Wampum Prayer
a sorta fairytale
Little Earthquakes
Sweet Sangria
Bliss
Bells For Her
Concertina
God
Wednesday

Band Leaves

Cooling
Leather
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Band returns

Your Cloud
Tombigbee
Virginia
Cornflake Girl
Take To The Sky
I Can't See New York
Precious Things

1st Encore

Siren
Past The Mission

2nd Encore

Space Dog
Amber Waves
Hey Jupiter

What's interesting about this setlist is that it bears an eery, uncanny, scary resemblance to a list of all of my least favorite Tori songs, with a couple of exceptions, either because I never liked them to begin with or I'm tired of them or she's played them everytime I've seen her. The focus was Under the Pink, my least favorite album. So I was really disappointed in that respect. Not one special moment for me, no tugging at my heart, no surprises. Yet she was in fine form and clearly she enjoys playing these songs that I am lukewarm on.

The best part of the show was that I took my oldest friend from high school and though he was not familiar with her music, he had some kind of life changing experience seeing her and is now obsessed. I also got to meet a lot of people from the Tori forum that I used to hang out on. So, it was a great time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom