Josh Ritter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Didn't see anything on him in the band index or any searched threads, so I thought I'd start a new one. Josh Ritter opened for the Frames last night, and he completely amazed me. Sooo good. It's clear that Glen Hansard took him under his wing - many of the same great live elements, and such a strong voice that he really knows how to use well. Anyway, check him out if you haven't already... :)
www.joshritter.com

So I'm going to resurrect something I posted AGES ago. Just saw Josh Ritter (opening for jamie cullum, meh) last night. I'd sooo recommend looking into him. Wonderful show - he is the nicest guy, his music is amazing (sometimes sounds like nick drake, sometimes like bob dylan, sometimes like...well, something completely unique...). Anyway, check it out. Good music.

jkayet said:
So I'm going to resurrect something I posted AGES ago. Just saw Josh Ritter (opening for jamie cullum, meh) last night. I'd sooo recommend looking into him. Wonderful show - he is the nicest guy, his music is amazing (sometimes sounds like nick drake, sometimes like bob dylan, sometimes like...well, something completely unique...). Anyway, check it out. Good music.

So Jamie was just meh? I was kicking myself for not making it down to Dallas last weekend to see him. I really love his album Twentysomething and have been listening to it non stop for about two months now.

I'll go check out that link for Josh.

EPandAmerica said:

So Jamie was just meh? I was kicking myself for not making it down to Dallas last weekend to see him. I really love his album Twentysomething and have been listening to it non stop for about two months now.

It very well could've been that Jamie Cullum is just not my favorite type of music. I think the crowd had something to do with it too. He's clearly very talented, but the cheesiness factor was just SO high, on and off the stage. Had I listened to the album and liked it lots though, could've been very different.

Back
Top Bottom