Josh Ritter - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:22 PM
Josh Ritter

Didn't see anything on him in the band index or any searched threads, so I thought I'd start a new one. Josh Ritter opened for the Frames last night, and he completely amazed me. Sooo good. It's clear that Glen Hansard took him under his wing - many of the same great live elements, and such a strong voice that he really knows how to use well. Anyway, check him out if you haven't already...
www.joshritter.com

Old 10-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
New Yorker

So I'm going to resurrect something I posted AGES ago. Just saw Josh Ritter (opening for jamie cullum, meh) last night. I'd sooo recommend looking into him. Wonderful show - he is the nicest guy, his music is amazing (sometimes sounds like nick drake, sometimes like bob dylan, sometimes like...well, something completely unique...). Anyway, check it out. Good music.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
someone on another message board I belong to posted some stuff about Josh Ritter on her MySpace. so far I like what I've heard.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 10:22 PM
I heard "Girl in the War" on a Paste sampler and thought it was about the best song I ever heard.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
New Yorker

He's doing a solo acoustic tour (not sure all dates, but coming through DC in Jan), so you should check out it out. www.joshritter.com Trust me, you will love it.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 AM   #6
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by jkayet
So I'm going to resurrect something I posted AGES ago. Just saw Josh Ritter (opening for jamie cullum, meh) last night. I'd sooo recommend looking into him. Wonderful show - he is the nicest guy, his music is amazing (sometimes sounds like nick drake, sometimes like bob dylan, sometimes like...well, something completely unique...). Anyway, check it out. Good music.
So Jamie was just meh? I was kicking myself for not making it down to Dallas last weekend to see him. I really love his album Twentysomething and have been listening to it non stop for about two months now.

I'll go check out that link for Josh.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #7
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by EPandAmerica

So Jamie was just meh? I was kicking myself for not making it down to Dallas last weekend to see him. I really love his album Twentysomething and have been listening to it non stop for about two months now.
It very well could've been that Jamie Cullum is just not my favorite type of music. I think the crowd had something to do with it too. He's clearly very talented, but the cheesiness factor was just SO high, on and off the stage. Had I listened to the album and liked it lots though, could've been very different.