Josh Goldberg, DOUBLE MURDER SUICIDE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I know that you're bound to think I'm kidding, but I assure you...I'm not. This is probably the best new record I've so far heard, this year. Jaw-dropping stuff, though perhaps a bit inflammatory, for some--this is something approaching a concept album about the titular double murder suicide committed last year by professional wrestler Chris Benoit, and Goldberg isn't too concerned with being tactful with whatever, if anything (it's debatable), he has to say. If you're a fan of lo-fi, amateur, or field recordings, this is the place to be. Definitely for all fans of Daniel Johnston or super-early Beck (Fresh Meat and Old Slabs, A Western Harvest Field By Moonlight, etc.), amongst others of that ilk. Possibly some of the more abrasive K Records stuff, unless I'm getting my labels mixed up.

A relevant review:

http://www.cokemachineglow.com/record_review/3276/joshua-goldberg

A place to get, rather than stream, the music:

www.myspace.com/joshuamartingoldberg

Just check the blog posts to dl the record, and know that the CMG review has an IMEEM playlist with the whole record streaming for your pleasure. "WrestleMania of Love" is a stunner. A complete triumph. Rarely will you hear such pure, unmediated, wholly affecting music. For this song alone, you must listen.

Back
Top Bottom