joseph arthur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
anyone like joesph arthur? this guy is awesome, not sure why he has not gotten more recognition. saw him open for wilco (who was also incredible) a few weeks ago, and he was amazing. it was him, a guitar, and girl playing violin and it was one of the better performances i've seen lately. since then i have been listening to him almost non stop.

jp

I absolutely love him! I learned how to play a few of his tunes on the guitar over the summer but I forgot them now...

I just bought some of his songs from iTunes, he's incredible. Especially "Honey and the Moon" and "A Smile that Explodes"

We don't talk enough about this man. He is fucking great.

Our Shadows Will Remain is such an excellent record.

Can't Exist, Devil's Broom, Echo Park, Puppets. All great songs.

He does need a little more recognition.

inmyplace13 said:
We don't talk enough about this man. He is fucking great.

Our Shadows Will Remain is such an excellent record.

Can't Exist, Devil's Broom, Echo Park, Puppets. All great songs.

He does need a little more recognition.

That's the only album I have but it is fucking brilliant. Can't Exist is one of my most played songs. It reminds me of Mofo for some reason...

see him live if you ever get the chance. He is better live than on the albums, even when its just him playing by himself. really great live show.

jp

Another great piece of Arthurian music is the cover of Wild Horses he did with Faultline from the Your Love Means Everything record. The man has a beautiful, haunting voice.

AtomicBono said:

Can't Exist is one of my most played songs. It reminds me of Mofo for some reason...

:scratch:

i am a big fan of both of those songs, but i would never think to compare them. i'll have to listen to 'em both back to back.

he's a talented guy and seems to have a lot of fans that are big-name musicians...

I've just heard my first Joseph Arthur song (well, that I know of anyway!). It was 'In The Sun'. Colour me impressed.

Everytime this thread gets bumped, an angel gets its wings.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Arthur, Quiet1. The album 'In The Sun' isn't even one of his better ones. Pick up 'Our Shadows Will Remain' and even 'Redemption's Son' if you're interested.

Incidentally, 'Termite Song' off of Redemption's Son is probably my favorite JA tune.

great artist :drool:

his version of "In the Sun" with Michael Stipe completely pwns that lame Stipe/Chris Martin one.

inmyplace13 said:
Everytime this thread gets bumped, an angel gets its wings.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Arthur, Quiet1. The album 'In The Sun' isn't even one of his better ones. Pick up 'Our Shadows Will Remain' and even 'Redemption's Son' if you're interested.

Incidentally, 'Termite Song' off of Redemption's Son is probably my favorite JA tune.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I saw him open for Wilco a couple years ago, and I thought he was really good.

His In the Sun is amazing as is the version Peter Gabriel did.
There is a great article by Bill Flanigan about how JA was discovered.
truly amazing.
His solo shows and guitar work are very Lanois, lots of reverb and effects.
Truly under rated.

Back
Top Bottom