jonny appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
is it that far of a stretch to say he is one of, if not the most innovated guitarists in this age, if not all time?

say anything great about him, except dont call him a girl or girlie.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

Yeah, Johnny is cool.

bluejon.jpg

"I think guitarists are really over-admired and over-revered. I don't mind when people are telling me about their 1971 Firebird, but it's the same thing as people telling me about their car or something. It's fine if you have an interest. By talking with me, though, you could be interviewing a novelist about guitars. It's the same thing, except I don't write that well either. I like my guitar and I enjoy playing it."

- the man himself

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Jonny is cool. He has to be very talented to play like he does.

I still think he looks
icon38.gif

Don't say it, Sicy!
wink.gif

Oh, I was going to say that when I see footage of Johnny playing live he always seems so engrossed in the music. Often his eyes are closed and he looks as though the music has transported him to another level and he scarcely seems aware that he is performing in front of thousands of people. It's nice to see someone who clearly loves the music that much.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
is it that far of a stretch to say he is one of, if not the most innovated guitarists in this age, if not all time?
I'm uncertain what kind of answer you expect

I think Jimi Hendrix, Peter Green and Frank Zappa were definitely great

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I love Johnny..some of the stuff he has done is awe-inspiring..but the jump Jimi Hendrex alone made in his technique, and influence was at least a decade ahead of where he should have been...not to mention the lack of technology that modern guitarists have at their disposal..so I'm with Salome on this one........I must say also Johnny is one of the coolest looking lead guitarists I've seen..up there with Johnny Marr and Edge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom