Join Us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
usa_ad.gif

meggie is the high priestess

yertle-the-turtle said:
there's nothing bad about it

it's not a cult

just a collective

i joined

it is a little cult- ty

so what

join me

you know you want to

Last edited:
i know i'm supposed to say what is it and you're not supposed to give me a real answer.

:eyebrow: poking around in the joinee directory, you guys actually joined this thing...i see your names.

Last edited:
bookusacover.jpg

From the back of the book:

Danny Wallace was bored. Just to see what would happen, he placed a whimsical small ad in a local London paper, It said, simply, 'Join Me'. Within a month, he was receiving letters and emails from intruiged strangers all over the country, eager to sign up.

Teachers, mechanics, sales reps, vicars, schoolchildren, pensioners - all pledged allegiance to his cause. None knew what his cause was.

Soon he was proclaimed Leader. Increasingly obsessed and possibly power-crazed he risked losing his sanity and his loyal girlfriend. But who could deny the attraction of a global following of devoted Joinees?

A modern day Pied Piper, he travelled the world. From Inverness to Amsterdam, Swindon, Paris, Zurich, Crete and Oslo. He became a minor celebrity in Belgium. He had a brush with a criminal mastermind in Devon. He made hundreds of old men all over the world very happy.

A book about dreams, ambition and the responsibility that comes with power, Join Me is the true story of a man who created a cult by accident, and is proof that whilst some men were born to lead, others really haven't got a clue

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I'll do for my Friday Random Acts of Kindness when I've joined properly. I read a good one on the Join Me forum - putting money into vending machines so that the next person who comes along gets a free can of coke or chocolate bar

:D

who controls the british crown?
who keeps the metric system down?
we do... we do...
who leaves atlantis off the map
who keeps the martians under wrap
we do... we do...
who holds back the electric car?
who make steve gutenberg a star?
we do... we do...
who robs cave fish of their sight?
who rigs every oscar night
we do... we do...
chosen.jpg

Its a great idea but I am seriously wondering why he wants passport photo's of everyone.
I dont trust anyone to get a passport sized photo of me.
I can do Good Friday without him having my photo.
:slant:

Back
Top Bottom