Johnny Swallow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
ua_09_22b.jpg

02_ua_09_28b.jpg

Last edited:
Are you in town? If so we could go get some drinks, and then I'd drive you out to the middle of nowhere and ditch you. Haw.

Johnny Swallow said:
Are you in town?

Couldn't make it to Fayetteville this weekend; Norman, Oklahoma was my big roadtrip this season, and after the Sooners beating us, z edge (R.I.P.) and Heartland_Girl were kind enough not to take us out to the praries and abandon us. In fact, they ate pizza with us.

Are you going to wear one of those plastic red pig hats and make strange animal noises tonight?

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:
Are you going to wear one of those plastic red pig hats and make strange animal noises tonight?
~U2Alabama

I'm not going to the game, but I will make some strange noises later tonight, while I'm in bed. :sexywink: :sexywink:

my glorious Knights are poised to beat the spread tonight in Knoxville, looking for an Auburn win over Agent Orange, and oh, up yours swallow

Last edited:
Needless to say, to quote Bill Clinton, "I am happier than a pig in slop." Johnny Swallow, your players had some very classy and complimentary statements to the media tonight; it is appreciated.

The_Wanderer, your Knights did a splendid job against the spread; I just wishe they could have maintained their 1st half momentum and handed the Vols a beautifiul upset. I never thought I would find myself pulling for a team like Rutgers.

Did you bet on the line in Auburn-Syracuse? If so, I do not know what I can tell you that will comfort you. How could a team with an RB like Carnell "Cadillac" Williams have to take the worst rush defense in NCAA div. 1-A to TRIPLE overtime????

I cannot wait to read the columns of several Arkansas sportswriters tomorrow.

Roll Tide.

~U2Alabama

no, I don't gamble, I merely hate Syracuse (and Penn St, Notre Dame and Boston College among others) with a passion, probably stemming from years of having the top NJ football prospects being plucked by these dreaded institutions; what do you mean "a team like Rutgers," what quarrel do you have with these good sir Knights, other than their years of futility? they've always run a clean program and maintained academic standards; yes they had the momentum and were burned at the half when the officials didnt stop the clock when our QB spiked the ball on the goal line with 1 sec left, which was a joke anyhow since the ball crossed the plain and should have been a TD for a 21-7 halftime lead, but the spike would have given them a FG for 17-7, this astute all-SEC officiating crew then proceeded to give the Vols a 1st down at the start of the 2nd half on a 3rd down pass that was clearly not a completion (Tenn's Washington, perhaps the most arrogant player in the NCAA, went for 55 yards on the next play instead of punting), and then a shady pass interference call that set up another TD minutes later, ah well, Rutgers continues to show improvements with a young team and the recruits keep getting better, it takes a few years to re-build a football program from scratch , but Coach Schiano (former Miami co-ordinator) will have them in a bowl game in 2 to 3 years

Last edited:
The Wanderer said:
what do you mean "a team like Rutgers," what quarrel do you have with these good sir Knights, other than their years of futility?

I do not generally pull for teams from "up north" with the exception of occasionally pulling for Penn State (just to sustain Paterno's lead over "Diddy").

I saw a clip of that Tennessee "Touchdown." I am wondering if that was the same SEC officiating crew that worked last year's Auburn-Vanderbilt game. Thy gave Vandy at TD when the ball bounced off of the receiver's arms in the endzone; he never held the ball.

I do not know what to say of Kelley Washington; he apparently contacted several national sports media outlets in May suggesting that they begin writing articles about him and apprised them of his desired alias, "The Future." I think "most arrogant player in the NCAA" is an understament.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom