Johnny Marr is now a member of Modest Mouse!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
This is some of the craziest yet coolest news I've heard in a while!

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/Johnny_Marr_Officially_a_Member_of_Modest_Mouse

What began as merely a flirtation has now blossomed into a full-blown romance, as Modest Mouse and ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr have gone public with their intention to stay together forever and ever (or at least until the end of the next Modest Mouse tour).

You can read more at the link provided. I'm suddenly REALLY looking forward to this album.

Exciting news!!! Looking forward to the new album. Do we know if it will be released this year?

u2popmofo said:
This is some of the craziest yet coolest news I've heard in a while!

I'm suddenly REALLY looking forward to this album.

Same. :up: Good News For People Who Love Bad News was so disappointing. I wasn't all that optimistic about the new album, but all that has changed now! Bringing new blood into a band is always exciting.

Re: Re: Johnny Marr is now a member of Modest Mouse!

GibsonGirl said:

Same. :up: Good News For People Who Love Bad News was so disappointing.

Heh? :eyebrow:

I think that Bury Me With It, Dance Hall, Bukowski, Blame it On the Tetons, Black Cadilacs :drool: & The Good Times are some of the best songs they have EVER written. Especially the last two!

But yeah. The new album should be incredible.

Good News For People Who Love Bad News is a great album, I hope to hear more like it from modest mouse in the future!

Re: Re: Re: Johnny Marr is now a member of Modest Mouse!

Dalton said:

Heh? :eyebrow:

I think that Bury Me With It, Dance Hall, Bukowski, Blame it On the Tetons, Black Cadilacs :drool: & The Good Times are some of the best songs they have EVER written. Especially the last two!

But yeah. The new album should be incredible.

I don't know. I just couldn't get into it as much as I tried. I do love Bury Me With It, though! And I think The View works better as an upbeat song than Float On. But still...there just wasn't anything there that clicked with me like The Lonesome Crowded West or The Moon And Antarctica did. Which reminds me, I haven't listened to LCW in such a long time... "He said that God takes care of himself, God takes care of himself, and you of you." :sigh:

awesome news! "Good News..." wasn't disappointing, just a little bit poppish, still a great album, now, I can't wait for new stuff with their brand new guitar player :happy:

Wow. This is quite odd. My best friend is reall going to love this news! He's a huge Johnny Marr fan.

Holy shit! How did that happened? I never would have imagine something like this would ever happen. So all the sudden Modest Mouse needs an additional guitarist and it happened to be Johnny Marr? It's cool but sounds weird. The next album should very interesting.

They apparently announced the release date as December 19, just in time for Christmas.

I like Modest Mouse's older work a lot more than Good News For People Who Love Bad News. A lot of the songs on there were catchy and fun, but not much more. I caught them in the summer of '05, and they basically just played the entirety of GNFPWLBN just like the songs sound on the album. The fourteen-year-olds at the show loved it, but us older folks were a little bored. I like them enough that I'll probably check out the new album, though I'm not going to rush right out and buy it as soon as it comes out.

Don't really care about Modest Mouse or Johnny Marr. *shrugs* It'd be for me like hearing that Fall Out Boy's guitarist was joining AFI.

Back
Top Bottom