Johnny Cash rumor/news......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
...and I really hope it happens...

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_530021.html

Johnny Cash says he wants to perform again

Johnny Cash says he's beginning to feel the itch to perform again and is finishing work on a new album.

The long-ailing singer turns 70 on Tuesday and is planning a quiet birthday celebration at his Jamaican home.

But Cash is most excited about his new album, "American IV," his fourth collaboration with producer Rick Rubin.

He has written at least one new song for the album and hopes it will be released this year.

He will also cover songs by Sting (I Hung My Head), Roberta Flack (The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face), Paul Simon (Bridge Over Troubled Water) and John Lennon (he's trying to decide between Imagine and the Beatles' Norwegian Wood).

"I've felt really good these last few months, better than I've felt in the last three years," Cash said.

He has diabetic neuropathy and is prone to pneumonia. He no longer tours and avoids the flu season in Tennessee by spending the winter at a second home in Jamaica.

He recently sang in public for the first time in years, performing The Ballad of Annie Palmer at a banquet in Jamaica for the Horatio Alger Awards Committee.

"It felt really good," Cash said, adding that he'd like to perform more "on some limited basis" if his health continues to improve. "I think - I hope and pray - that all the pneumonia is behind me," he said. "It almost devastated me. Now I'm mending, and gaining strength every day and feeling good."

Story filed: 00:21 Tuesday 26th February 2002

OH GOD!! LET IT BE TRUE!!!!

Please I need to see Johnny in concert, he's the man in black!!! Oh lord I'm havign coniptions, that man is such a badass, I can't say enough good things about him!! Bring it Johnny. And a second vote for Norwegan Wood.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Back
Top Bottom