Johnny Cash or Elvis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Cash or Elvis

• Elvis

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Johnny Cash

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • Don't like them, he/she is better???? Name them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Who was the better musician?

For me it has to be Johnny Cash. He is the man. His voice and lyrics are amazing.

As far as general contribution to music goes, Elvis, Elvis, Elvis.

Putting the two head-to-head, however, Johnny is the badass dark side of the pair.

Elvis was more of an entertainer than a musician and one of the best of all time. He had more of an impact on music and culture than Cash did obviously.

Cash was obviously a better musician overall, at least he wrote a few of his own songs. So I give him credit there as I think writing AND singing/performing you own music shows the most talent typically.

Both were great and had big impacts on music. I think its another comparing apples to oranges situation really.

Apples and oranges , apples and oranges .......

Elvis is universal , he goes beyond all the borders
Johnny Cash , NO , great guy , great voice , great songs
he's hip at the moment ,
Elvis will be hip in next 3000 years or more

Johnny Cash is the better musician because of his songwriting.

If you had asked who is the better entertainer, Elvis would have the edge.

I agree with the general consensus of Cash and everyone has said why better than anything I'd have come up with.

elvis_johnny_cash56.jpg

Elvis was the sex. Johnny was the soul.

There's no disputing both of their mammoth contributions to popular music, but Johnny was just so much more badass, and lived to tell about it. Elvis was too much of a good ole boy who got caught up in temptation and succumbed to it way too early. Johnny fought those demons and came out on top. :up:

Back
Top Bottom