John Williams movie scores appretiation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Superman, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park (I actually played that theme in orchestra, it was awesome), Jaws, etc. etc. etc.

These movies wouldn't be the same without his music...and they're some of the most famous themes, anyone can hear just one bar and know exactly what it is.

Appreciate :rockon:

(I dont' know if this should be here in ZC or if it should go to B&C, but I'm concentrating on his music and movies, so whatever :shrug: )

Some of my favorites:

Empire of the Sun
Munich
Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban
Close Encounters
Revenge of the Sith
and obviously Raiders.

Serious John Williams appreciation ova here.

Especially with the Jurassic Park theme. Pure genius. Although now it just reminds me of the Jurassic Park ride at Islands of Adventure more than the movie itself. :uhoh:
Hedwig's Theme is another stroke of genius. :up:

U2democrat said:

Gooot it.

To me the only redeeming thing about Superman Returns was that they kept the theme.

capture003wo0.png

WRONG!

John Williams kicks ass. He's gotten a little repetitive recently----I can hear bits of the Star Wars prequels' soundtracks and HP:Sorceror's Stone in each other. However, they're all phenomenal. I love big movies where the music is as important a part of the film as the other components----and John Williams is a master of that.

John Williams is a genius. He's perfect for the action genre.

But my favorite is James Horner. Listen to the soundtrack for Glory. Moves me to tears every time. He also wrote Titanic and Braveheart, to name a few.

LPU2 said:

But my favorite is James Horner. Listen to the soundtrack for Glory. Moves me to tears every time. He also wrote Titanic and Braveheart, to name a few.

And Wrath of Khan.

DANANANANA-DANANANANA-NANANA!

Oh man, we played a John Williams medley my junior year of high school, and my friend and I got to play the opening to Jaws on our bassoons as a solo...Good times, because we sucked so hard, because we couldn't stop laughing.

I love it too, it makes me happy everytime I see it :drool:

I just remembered, my friend was mad at me because we did all the rehersing to play the Jaws theme, and then I got a viral infection and missed the performance :lmao: She had to play it by herself, and she said the bassoon sounded drunk

I appreciate :up:

I bought the soundtrack album for Star Wars when it came out in 1977. One of the few albums I played to death literally and had to replace with a new one.

Good to hear James Horner mentioned in here as well. He's the fucking man as well.

As for Superman music.

You can't beat The Planet Krypton.

That might actually make my desert island list this time around. :hmm:

Naboo celebration from Episode I for the win, motherfuckers. Actually, I found the music for Episode 1 to be just great, moreso than the rehashed themes for II or III.

Canadiens1160 said:
Naboo celebration from Episode I for the win, motherfuckers. Actually, I found the music for Episode 1 to be just great, moreso than the rehashed themes for II or III.

:up:

Duel Of The Fates was a fave of mine although nothing beats his original trilogy work IMO:

IV:

-Main Theme
-Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack
-The Throne Room and End Title

V:
-Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme) :drool:
-The Asteroid Field
-Han Solo And The Princess
-Yoda's Theme

VI:

-Into the Trap
-Ewok Celebration/Finale (this is the only time where I think the Special Edition was better than the original)

jackbitetrapct8.jpg

Admiral Ackbar + Jack Bauer ftw.

Uhm, Binary Sunset from Episode IV gives me chills every single time I hear it.

John Williams....second only to Hans Zimmer in my book (and playlist). My personal favorite is "Flight From Neverland" from Hook.

LPU2 said:

The Legends of the Fall theme, love it.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Uhm, Binary Sunset from Episode IV gives me chills every single time I hear it.

That song is the epitome of great movie soundtrack moments, IMO. :drool:

:bow: to John Williams, composer, conductor, pianist

I"ve had the Jurassic Park CD for years, I need to listen to it more because it really is awesome.

Beside's the one's already listed He also composed the music for Sabrina (1995) one of my favorite movies ever and was nominated for 2 Oscars.
The Patriot and the River with Mel Gibson :drool: my favorite male actor
Artificial Intelligence
War of the Worlds
Far and Away
Home Alone and so many more! unbelievable!

And the 60's TV show Lost in Space that I watched all the time when I was a kid, nostalgia and memories.

And in the future, Indiana Jones 4, Lincoln and Interstellar :hyper:

Except for Jurassic Park and Home Alone I don't have any other soundtracks, now I know what to ask for Christmas.

I also love James Horner's Braveheart soundtrack, I've listened to that a whole lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom