John Waters - Desperate Living - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-22-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
War Child
Local Time: 10:29 AM
John Waters - Desperate Living

We have an awesome cinema complex here in melbourne called ACMI which screens a whole bunch of cult films and bizarre oddities. Last Friday night I had the dubious pleasure of being introduced to the ultimate in nastiness - John Waters' 'Desperate Living'.

Prior to seeing this classic I had only seen 'Pecker' and 'Hairspray' - but knew oh John Waters' reputation for a-class smutty schlock. Well blow me down - what a fun, sick and nasty film!

So I thought I'd share my love for Mr Waters. I am now waiting for a boxset of 8 of his films to wing it's way from the USA (thank you Amazon!). I thought there's bound to be others in here like his films so I thought I'd start a thread!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:29 AM
I love John Waters. I really loved Pecker and was scared for life by Pink Flamingos. He is one of the most underrated directors. In fact, all of the midnight movie directors were underrated.