John Stewart has become a giant douche.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite Bill Hicks is his rant on non-smokers. While I'm not saying I think it makes a good case for smoking, it's fucking hilarious.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:hi5:

I might be going to see him this weekend. :hyper:

Whenever I see he's going to be on The Daily Show I have to watch.

Candy corn... corn that tastes like candy.

He cracks me up but my favorite comic is David Cross, just a thoroughly bitter and weird fucking guy.

lazarus said:
]
How about this bold stance: The U.S. version of The Office is wildly overrated crap. The only actor better than their British counterpart is Jenna Fischer. I still don't understand how anyone who loved the BBC version can even watch this without choking on their own vomit.

Thank you. The BBC Office was a masterpiece. Nobody has ever done anything like that before and no one will for a long time. The American version is a run-of-the-mill sitcom.

Already hijacked....since we've sorta hit the end of the Dane Cook bashing (which I totally endorse and support 1,000%), can I nominate another comedic pinata or two for some bashing?

The one thing that fucking bothers me more than just about anything in comedy is the hijacking of comedic moment that is in it's own right, funny. A perfect example is Jay Leno's 'Headlines' bit or his 'Jaywalking' bit. It's the funniest part of his show, which says everything you need to know about his wit, but bashing Jay Leno is like, well making fun of Winger. It's all real and accurate but tired and done.

Which moves me on to Joel McHale on The Soup.

First of all, canned laughter. Strike one. John Henson was funny on this show, to a lesser extent so was Greg Kinnear. No canned laughter to ferry along the dimwit crowd.

Second of all, everything funny about his show is inherent in the clips he shows as Leno' bits. And it can be funny but it's all about the context of the clips. Nothing original and tossing in his snarky comments, if he has comedy writers, they should be embarrased.

That alone is not enough to warrant a Dane Cook-like bashing but I heard him on an interview once and he was so cocky and self-congratulatory about his show. Furthermore, it's the principal.

He berates fame-starved reality stars and celebs but himself is one, just another hack in a long line of hacks who is neither a stand-up comedian nor a comedy writer but an 'actor' trolling for fame, traveling to Hollywood to 'make it'. I have 100 times more respect for Dane Cook, who at least took his "act" on the road and tried to earn his stripes.

I'm sorry but I just can't understand the creative aspect of those "actors". Trying to get on the fame escalator by getting in a sitcom or just doing ANYTHING to be on TV! And now he makes his living lambasting others doing the same thing. Pitiful.

Anyways, Carlos Mencia.

That would be another long winded rant in and of itself.
Proven to have stolen material from others. Sheesh.

:tsk:

Carlos Mencia's actually funny. Last year was the first season of his show, so I think he was trying to find his stride and it was hit or miss, but now that it's in Season 2, I can't stop laughing.

I never heard anything about him stealing material, though. At least he's taking good stuff if it is true. :shrug:

bgmckinney said:
Thank you. The BBC Office was a masterpiece. Nobody has ever done anything like that before and no one will for a long time. The American version is a run-of-the-mill sitcom.

Nope.

BBC was great. American is great.

Back
Top Bottom