John Mellencamp --- What do ya think of his music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Personally if there were no such thing as U2 (*gasp* perish the thought!!) I think that he'd be my #1 artist/band. What do you think of his music?

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

his music reminds me of where i grew up - very rural, middle america. i like him.
smile.gif

I like his older stuff - Pink Houses, Cherry Bomb, and Jack&Diane - his newer stuff isn't as interesting to me.

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 12-11-2001).]

I also enjoy his music very much. He writes good, meaningful songs and puts on a pretty good show.

He was on Stern recently and was very good.

------------------
~ME THREE

Ice age coming
Ice age coming

I like his older stuff, but I heard a new song of his on the radio, and I thought it was Hanson.
Other than that, he's classic, and I really like him.
Hopefully he won't have any more heart attacks.
We need him to be around for a long time.

Totally agree HelloAngel. JM's older stuff totally rocks, but the new stuff ....... snoozers. I saw him live back around the Whenever We Wanted tour and he put on a great show.

I'm a huge Mellencamp fan, I grew up with his music as I've done with U2 (I'm 21). I've seen him twice and he puts on a great show. I haven't been into his past 2 albums though...but I still love him.

smile.gif

------------------
Sitting on a cornflake
Waiting for the van to come

I love "Peaceful World"

The video and song are both awesome. I liked it even before they played it every day since 9/11, and it means so much more now! Kind of like U2's "Peace on Earth"..

Originally posted by baker6621:
I love "Peaceful World"

The video and song are both awesome. I liked it even before they played it every day since 9/11, and it means so much more now! Kind of like U2's "Peace on Earth"..

I agree. I like Peaceful World as well as his older stuff. Though maybe not the greatest artist after U2, but up there.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

I love the song "What if I Came Knockin'?"...just kicks ass.
Saw him on 9-13, it was a welcome release 2 after 2 days mesmerized by the news.

Q: Where do you send little cantaloupes for summer vacation?
A: John Cougar Mellencamp

Yep, the Cougar still rocks! I always thought Mellencamp would be a BonJovi like musician, then I found out BonJovi are not musicians!

------------------
beLIEve

Originally posted by skjuls:
Speaking of Mellencamp, I live in the town that he lives in! WEll, actually I go to school at Indiana Universtiy in Bloomington, IN and he lives around there somewhere!

I like his music!!

He lives in Seymour, IN.
biggrin.gif
(I'm from Indy)
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom