John Mellencamp booed...in INDIANAPOLIS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
This is from the latest issue of Rolling Stone:

"The polarization caused by this election is not good for anyone. I played "Pink Houses" at an Indianapolis Colts game recently, and people booed. This is in Indiana! I've never been booed there in my life. Kerry-Edwards offers us a fresh start. It is a ticket of hope." ~John Mellencamp

Now i don't want to turn this into a political discussion otherwise it'll be shipped over to FYM....
but mellencamp....booed....in INDIANA!!!!! wow. :mad: :madspit: :mad:

hmmm.... guess he's not allowed to speak his mind.

I think it's awful. John Mellencamp is one of my favorites. I wonder if Bruce would ever get booed in New Jersey? Anyway, someones political views are not a reason to boo somebody.

He has a right to say what he wants and people have a right to boo if they want. That's just the way it is. Sad, though, the same.

joyfulgirl said:
He has a right to say what he wants and people have a right to boo if they want. That's just the way it is.

I completely agree. EVERYONE has the right to voice their opinion. Booing is just the same as stating how you feel on a subject, everyone has the right to do either one.

Freedom of speech goes both ways. You can say what you like, but people can respond how ever they like.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

I completely agree. EVERYONE has the right to voice their opinion. Booing is just the same as stating how you feel on a subject, everyone has the right to do either one.

Freedom of speech goes both ways. You can say what you like, but people can respond how ever they like.

As long as you feel that for everyone and everything that's fine. Plus, although I could be mistaken, I believe he was booed during the song, which would be an attempt to drown out his freedom to state his opinion. If they had listened and then booed, no worries. (so a clarification of my original post)

Actually, I never liked Mellencamp (as a singer/muscian, don't know much about him as a person) or Pink Houses anyway, but I don't think I'd boo it.

I'm not as mad about it as i am shocked. my sister and her family live in indianapolis. they tend to be a very nice city of people and they love their mellencamp.........i guess not anymore!

shart1780 said:
I'd get somewhat angry but then I remember I'd boo Springsteen or Vedder any day so I'll just forget about it.

But see, you'd be smart enough not to go see them if you didn't like them. These idiots were people at the concert who were booing a zillion-year-old song. They were "fans" who should have been familiar with the song already.

Back
Top Bottom