John Mayer's "Your Body Is a Wonderland" is Fine Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
I just bought his CD yesterday at Borders Books for like $9.99 and included an extra CD that has him doing two covers.

I had heard a decent buzz about him and skimmed the album at Circuit City so I was happy to get it yesterday and truly give it a listen. Listened to it this morning while doing some stuff...

This song, "Your Body is a Wonderland," is just a great song and I just had to share this. Catchy and ethereal. I'm surprised at how good a guitarist he is as well. This song if not the album has got me interested in what he'll put out in the future. Though some of the lyrics in his other songs are aiite, overall the melodies are fantastic and he defintely has an ear for it. Musically sound too.

The lyrics of "Your Body..."

We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do
Discover me
Discovering you

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue

And if you want love
We'll make it
Swimming a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Your body Is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)

Something 'bout the way your hair falls in your face
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase
You tell me where to go and
Though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it

you want love?
We'll make it
Swimming a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Damn baby
You frustrate me
I know you're mine all mine all mine
But you look so good it hurts sometimes

Your body is a wonderland

Sensual and fantastic imagery... and with the music... I can only rave about this song.

Anyone want to give props or comment?

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Originally posted by DiGi:
A friend of mine just gave me this cd last night. Burning it tonight. It is very good. He sounds (voice) a lit like Dave Matthews i think

Yeah he sort of sounds like Dave Matthews which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Chris Martin sounds like Dave too yet I have no problem with Coldplay. I'm sure some people will hold it against him though. One thing is "Your Body is A Wonderland" reminds me of "Crash" by Dave Matthews and supposedly they both used similar producers.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Cool must catch... I know he's coming to the the Midwest for a tour... I think I'd like to see what he does live.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom