John Mayer Touring This Fall!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
I am so excited! I haven't been to a John Mayer concert and to be able to see him for the first time in a small venue with a small group is just too awesome for words.

John Mayer Trio Formed; Fall Tour Announced

Acclaimed Artist Teams With All-Star Players Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino; Ray LaMontagne and Joss Stone Already Confirmed as Special Guests

www.johnmayertrio.com Launches Today

NEW YORK, June 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Never one to rest on his laurels, three- time Grammy-winning, multi-platinum-selling writer/singer/guitarist John Mayer announces the formation of John Mayer Trio. This new venture marks the next phase in the remarkable evolution of a gifted, adventurous and prolific young artist who, in just the last few months, has performed and/or recorded with Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, John Scofield and Herbie Hancock, among others.

Joining Mayer in this new undertaking are drummer Steve Jordan (Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones) and bassist Pino Palladino (the Who, Jeff Beck), a pair of in-demand veterans who are readily acknowledged by their peers as the very best at their respective instruments. Mayer is thrilled that these two greats have chosen to join him in his latest musical adventure.

"Steve and I had been doing sessions together, and we were scheduled to do the Tsunami Aid benefit," Mayer recalls. "So Steve said, 'I know who we can get -- Pino Palladino.' I said, 'I'd love to play with Pino.' Pino came and we rehearsed Jimi Hendrix's 'Bold as Love' for the benefit. And something happened that I had hoped my entire life would happen, which is that thing about how a band got together for the first time, and everyone in the room just knew there was something special. When it became me, Steve and Pino, it became this whole different thing. That set me off on a writing streak; the challenge was, 'Here's this great band -- now what are you gonna do with it?' So I went and wrote from a whole new place. So it became a band."

The trio -- who subsequently appeared at the 2005 Grammy Awards ceremony performing a captivating rendition of Mayer's "Daughters" (which took home that evening's awards for Song of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance) -- will unveil their electrified sound on a fall tour of North America , including three dates with the Rolling Stones (dates below). Ray LaMontagne and Joss Stone have been confirmed as special guests on selected shows, while other support acts are still to be announced.

Mayer's fans are already familiar with his guitar skills and willingness to push the envelope of his music from having attended his concerts, but expect this stripped-down configuration to take these elements to another level altogether, as he answers the musical challenges provided by his gifted bandmates. "This trio tour isn't just an excuse to blow on the guitar," says Mayer. "It's an opportunity to present my fans with something live, in the sense of living now -- that classic palate. I want people to show up at the gig and see the amp lights glowing and hear that idling buzz. I just want to bring people that power."

This new venture is a testament to the tremendous respect Mayer has for his fans, as he continues to provide them with new musical permutations in the knowledge that they'll willingly go wherever he chooses to take them. These fans understand that Mayer is a restless spirit with an ongoing need to test the limits; indeed, that restlessness is the essence of his appeal -- it defines who he is and the path he's traveling. "I have a whole new appetite for something different," Mayer enthuses. "I want people to feel, and share, this excitement that I have."

John Mayer Trio Fall Tour

9/6 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
9/7 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
9/10 Las Vegas, NV House of Blues
9/11 San Diego, CA House of Blues
9/13 Anaheim, CA House of Blues
9/14 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
9/15 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
9/17 Denver, CO Fillmore
9/19 Kansas City, MO Uptown
9/21 Chicago, IL House of Blues
9/22 Chicago, IL House of Blues
9/23 Minneapolis, MN Quest
9/24 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
9/26 Nashville, TN Ryman
9/27 New Orleans, LA House of Blues
9/28 Atlanta, GA Tabernacle
9/30 Orlando, FL House of Blues
10/1 Myrtle Beach, SC House of Blues
10/3 Washington DC MCI Center (with Rolling Stones)
10/4 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
10/6 New York, NY The Beacon
10/10 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia (with Rolling Stones)
10/11 Boston, MA Avalon
10/12 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia (with Rolling Stones)

http://www.johnmayertrio.com
http://www.columbiarecords.com

"[John Mayer] doesn't cuss. I ran into him at Virgin Megastore, and he was nice. I was like, 'Aw, man, I've been talking so much shit about you.' And he said, 'Man, I figured that.' And I was like, 'You're a really nice guy, but you don't drink or smoke, so you're making me look bad.' We had adjoining rooms at a radio convention, and he came over and asked me to put out my cigarette. I think I closed the door in his face. Then Elton John called and goes, 'Be nice to John Mayer. He's afraid of you.'" -Ryan Adams

New pic to go with the new tour...

:drool:
images_05.jpg

Bonochick said:
"[John Mayer] doesn't cuss. I ran into him at Virgin Megastore, and he was nice. I was like, 'Aw, man, I've been talking so much shit about you.' And he said, 'Man, I figured that.' And I was like, 'You're a really nice guy, but you don't drink or smoke, so you're making me look bad.' We had adjoining rooms at a radio convention, and he came over and asked me to put out my cigarette. I think I closed the door in his face. Then Elton John called and goes, 'Be nice to John Mayer. He's afraid of you.'" -Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams = God.

aww man, i can't believe he's not coming here! he ALWAYS comes here when he's on tour! i've seen him twice now. he even played here back before he hit the big time. i guess now he's too big for memphis. :mad:

i would've tried to go see him too. :grumpy:

I've seen John Mayer twice, yes I have. Both times in Scranton.

I'd love to try to make it to NYC or Philly, but October is going to be a bad month for me monetarily... :giggle:

I got my ticket for Sept. 14th at the House of Blues Sunset Strip thanks to the Local 83 presale. It went plenty smoother than the U2.com one (shocker) and is not handled by TicketMaster so the tickets end up being less expensive. Nice all around.

Back
Top Bottom