John Mayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there's been a fer topics. he's not exactly the most loved here, but i think there are a few folks who don't hate him. can't remember for the life of me who they are, and i don't want to insult anyone by saying 'oh so and so likes him' when so and so might have the sense to know he sucks. kind of like that jason mraz guy.

but this is all just my opinion.

The best adjective I can give to describe John Mayer's music is "safe." Even his voice is safe. Not great, not terrible, but definitely not all that memorable. I'm not really interested in that kind of music. Safe is easily forgotten. I like music that's at least a little daring or risky.

I've only heard "Bigger Than My Body" from the new album but I do own "Room for Squares" and like it quite a bit. He falls into the Boy With Guitar category, following in the vein of Donovan and all that. I dig him. Plus "Your Body is a Wonderland" is one of the most sweetly sexy songs ever.

another john mayer thread is fine (imo at least), but for those who don't like him, please remember flame wars and bashing the artists (at least in a thread representing the artist in a positive light, you're still allowed to start anti-whoever threads) isn't allowed. :wave:

I didnt care too much for his first album, but I have to say I enjoyed the song I heard him perform on tv recently (I think it was on Saturday Night Live...), which was from the new album.

Some of my friends are big fans, I'll have to ask them what they think of the album.

heheh, I'm listening to his new album right, now. It's pretty good...not as easy to swallow as the first, but I've been enjoying it. You can tell he's matured as an artist. I can definitely see "Only Heart" as being a future single, maybe "Something's Missing" as well. I really enjoy hearing up and coming musicians...like to see what's going on with the current music scene (have to admit, the scene's been rather grim for a few years, now...just my opinion, mind you). So yeah, I like him. I think he's got talent and potential to be a pretty big star. Jason Mraz (IWasBored mentioned his name earlier in the thread) on the other hand, annoys me for some reason :shrug:

:wave:

Dont really like him myself think hes a bit bland - nothing to write home about.

I saw the SNL performance, and one of the songs he did sounded really good to me. It was the only song of his I've ever really liked. I saw the video for "Bigger Than My Body" this morning, though, and was not all that impressed. I'd be interested in knowing the name of the SNL song, if anyone knows it.

Lara Mullen said:
Dont really like him myself think hes a bit bland - nothing to write home about.
Yeah, I find it hard to have strong opinions about him one way or the other because he's so damn bland.

KhanadaRhodes said:
another john mayer thread is fine (imo at least), but for those who don't like him, please remember flame wars and bashing the artists (at least in a thread representing the artist in a positive light, you're still allowed to start anti-whoever threads) isn't allowed. :wave:

:|

(I've been guilty of doing it as well :reject:, but it's getting really old around here)

Back
Top Bottom