John Lennon...coming to a town near you! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
A childless dog
Local Time: 06:55 PM
John Lennon...coming to a town near you!

John Lennon's ghost pays son a visit

John Lennon's son Julian claims his father's ghost has visited him from beyond the grave.

Julian was left shocked by the haunting moment which occurred more than 25 years after the Beatles legend's death while he was shooting a new film in Australia.

Julian, who agreed to take part in an ancient ceremony with an Aboriginal tribe, was left speechless when he was handed a white feather by a tribe elder, a symbol of great significance to him.

A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "It may sound strange but that was a very weird and emotional moment for Julian. He was left speechless. Not long before he died, John had told him, 'If anything ever happens to me, look for a white feather and you will know I am there for you, always looking out for you'."

Julian, 44, was in Australia to produce the film Whaledreamers to raise awareness about the plight of whales and the Earth's oceans.

He isn't the only person to have been visited by John since his death.

Fellow Beatle Sir Paul McCartney believes John appeared to the band in the form of a white peacock during the recording of the 1995 Beatles single Free as a Bird.

As Paul, Ringo Starr and the now deceased George Harrison posed for a photograph outside the recording studio, the bird wandered into the shot.

Paul said: "That was John. Spooky, eh? It was like John was hanging around.

"We felt that all through the recording. We put one of those spoof backwards recordings on the end of the single for a laugh, to give all those Beatles nuts something to do.

"Then we were listening to the finished single in the studio one night, and it gets to the end, and it goes, 'zzzwrk nggggwaaahhh jooohn lennnnnon qwwwrk.' I swear to God. We were like, 'It's John. He likes it!"

Oasis singer Liam Gallagher also claims he was left in awe when John's spirit visited him in the middle of the night.

The rocker - a self-confessed Beatles fanatic - said: "I was in Manchester at a friend's house having a sleep. I remember getting up and feeling really weird. I turned round and there I was, lying on the bed, and I sort of fell back into my body. There was a presence there and it was him, John Lennon."

John was shot dead aged 40 in 1980 by deranged fan Mark Chapman as he entered the Dakota building in New York.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 05:55 PM

Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 AM   #3
War Child
Local Time: 01:55 AM
Wow! what a shocking thing to experience
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:25 AM
Bono is reading this article right now and is getting some really bad inspiration, I bet.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:55 AM
^ I think Bono and Lennon are talking on a regular basis. He just doesn't make a big fuss out of it.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
Vocal parasite
Local Time: 12:55 PM
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Bono is reading this article right now and is getting some really bad inspiration, I bet.
That was even funnier than the article!
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 06:55 PM
If Lennon came back to visit Liam it would be to tell him to shut the fuck up and stop pretending to be something he's not.