John Lennon...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
40883john-lennon.jpg

All we are saying... is give peace a chance

Would love to hear U2 cover 'Imagine'. Not many can pull it off. Neil Young did for the 9/11 benefit, and Madonna butchered it for another 'benefit' show (Lennon one I think)...

Lennon's version makes me cry everytime - just something about the words, his voice, the simplicity in the messge :sad: :love:

The Beatles :up:

We need some John, Paul, George, and Ringo Smilies here.

Absolutely brilliant songwriter ...
"Imagine" was one of his BEST EVER !! ... :applaud:
It's such a shame his life was taken before his time was due ... what a tragic loss !! :sad:

VertigoGal said:
My mom got me that Lennon Legend compilation last December. :heart: :bow: :drool:

I wouldn't consider myself a Beatles-worshipper, but they are great, and he's my fav.

No kidding, I got it last December too. It was a really nice way to start the Lennon catalogue. George is my favorite Beatle though. I love his vocals and he probably had my favorite solo work. But I love John as well, as I think he wrote all the Beatles best work.

--Mother--

Mother, you had me but I never had you,
I wanted you but you didn't want me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.
Farther, you left me but I never left you,
I needed you but you didn't need me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.
Children, don't do what I have done,
I couldn't walk and I tried to run,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.
Mama don't go,
Daddy come home.
Mama don't go,
Daddy come home.

John says so much, but doesn't hide behind cliches, similies, and metaphors.....He says it plain and simple. (in a Morrissey kind of way, but better)

yimou said:
--Mother--

Mother, you had me but I never had you,
I wanted you but you didn't want me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.
Farther, you left me but I never left you,
I needed you but you didn't need me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.
Children, don't do what I have done,
I couldn't walk and I tried to run,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.
Mama don't go,
Daddy come home.
Mama don't go,
Daddy come home.

I LOVE this song. Mother has some of the heaviest and most beautiful lyrics ever written. The first line is simply amazing. Very, VERY few lyrics make me want to cry, this one does the trick. And my mom is very much alive and present in my life (maybe that's why it gets to me) just wonder how someone who has lost his/hers mother must feel.

People like to throw the words genius and brilliant around all the time but very few people deserve to be called of that. John Lennon definitely did.

Lennon was amazing. If you ever have a chance to listen to Plastic Ono Band do it-One of the rawest, most honest albums ever IMO

Back
Top Bottom