John Cusack Seeks Restraint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosBaby12

ONE love, blood, life
John Cusack Seeks Restraint

By Natalie Finn
Mon Jun 26, 8:27 PM ET

John Cusack may need a higher fence.

The Serendipity star filed for a temporary restraining order Friday against a Los Angeles woman whom he claims has been showing "unusual interest" in him, according to court documents obtained Monday by E! Online.

Per the complaint, Emily Leatherman, a 32-year-old transient with no known address, is accused of "stalking, throwing long letters of interest over [his] fence in bags with rocks and screwdrivers inside, making unannounced visits to offices of people [he works] with in an attempt to meet with [him] and listing [his] address as her own during a recent address."

"Mail addressed to her has been arriving at my residence without my permission," Cusack stated. "I have never met this person." While the 39-year-old actor (who turns 40 on Wednesday) wrote that Leatherman has not committed or threatened any violence against him, she has, he said, caused emotional distress to him and vowed to hurt herself if he did not agree to meet with her.

Cusack requested that she be forced to stay at least 500 feet away from his home, workplace and car.

There will be plenty of chances to get close to the Say Anything heartthrob in the near future, however--anywhere movies are shown, that is.

He recently wrapped production on the indie drama Grace Is Gone, playing a distraught widower who takes his daughters on an impromptu road trip while he tries to figure out how to tell them that their soldier mother was killed in Iraq.

On the supernatural end of things, Cusack stars as a paranormal investigator who checks into the creepiest room at the Dolphin Hotel in 1408, due out next spring. The Martian Child, in which he plays a sci-fi writer who adopts a troubled boy who believes he's the title character, is slated to drop later this year. In the latter he appears with sister Joan (always a good combo) and Amanda Peet.

I :love: John Cusack but no way in hell I would ever go to the lengths this woman did! Really find the whole thing with what she did with the mail quite :coocoo:

That is very bizarre. It is unfortunate that people act out like this transient woman is doing. I think some are really crazy and some just want their name in the news.

VintagePunk said:
John :love:

I just read the above article to my daughter, and she asked me if I've been calling myself Emily lately. :shifty: :lmao:

Seriously though, that's disturbing.

:lol:

but seriously, yes, very disturbing...

I like John Cusack, but this is kind of ironic:

lloyd3fb.jpg

VintagePunk said:
John :love:

I just read the above article to my daughter, and she asked me if I've been calling myself Emily lately. :shifty: :lmao:

Better alert the higher ups about this :shifty: :wink:

It really is a shame that he has go to through all of this. I know I would be pretty freaked out if someone was stalking me. Still wondering what the whole deal is with the rocks and screwdrivers in the bags:|

And considering all that he's going through he's not handling the situation like a jerk.

Back
Top Bottom