Joan Rivers jokes about 9/11 victims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joan makes a really good horse's backside!

biggrin.gif

This is what she says on her web site.

I sincerely hope she's telling the truth-but what could possibly be a 'context' in which to make that remark?

My Outrage About 9-11 Misquote

I am outraged, outraged that someone took a line from my one-woman show in Britain totally out of context to insidiously misquote and plant for pure shock value in an MSNBC gossip column that has now incited an outbreak of completely misguided anger!

I am outraged that anyone, anyone, could possibly think that the horrific events of September 11th?and all the lives that were lost, touched, and forever changed by it?didn't leave me totally devastated.

Anyone who knows me, who's ever listened to my WOR radio show, who's read my personal account of bearing witness to that unspeakable tragedy in NEW YORK SEPTEMBER ELEVEN TWO THOUSAND ONE knows how I feel about the widows, victims, and heroes of that day. They know that I was among the first to offer blood, among the first to go down to ground zero to help make sandwiches for rescue workers, and the first to pull out of an alleged WTC celebrity fund-raising event and expose a bogus charity. They also know that a member of my own staff lost two relatives, both firefighters, in the tragedy.

Let's not be stupid. I'm a comedienne. I talk about my life and my world. If you had been at the Royal Haymarket Theatre you'd have heard what I said in context and know why I received a standing ovation for my performance.

I'm an American and a New Yorker and damn proud of it. Casting stones is easy; it's comedy that's hard.

Back
Top Bottom