Jick Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoAmericas

The Fly
Jick's eloquent posts are truly fascinating. He is an erudite individual who tells it like it is. Whenever he signs off "Cheers, J", I get all tingley.

All hail Jick..

:bow:

Cheers,

TA

Last edited:
Big fan here........at first morbid curiosity, now I marvel how well written most of his posts are..........Cheers

Xavier

He used to annoy the hell out of me, then I realized that he is just a fan who like to start in-depth discussions other than I like or dislike this or that song. Sometimes I wonder if he truly believes everything he writes or just likes playing devil's advocate. Either way, he does keep things interesting.

I love how the noobs flip out on him whenever he makes a controversial post. Good fer a larf. :D

Although the constant blasting of Pop gets a bit aggravating sometimes...

I frankly applaud anyone who is willing to post well thought out catalysts for discussion around here - even if they get controversial. Being ballsy is always a good thing. I don't have to always agree with a person in order to respect them.

bsp77 said:
He used to annoy the hell out of me, then I realized that he is just a fan who like to start in-depth discussions other than I like or dislike this or that song. Sometimes I wonder if he truly believes everything he writes or just likes playing devil's advocate. Either way, he does keep things interesting.

:up:

Cheers,

the other J

HelloAngel said:
I frankly applaud anyone who is willing to post well thought out catalysts for discussion around here - even if they get controversial. Being ballsy is always a good thing. I don't have to always agree with a person in order to respect them.

and i agree w what the young lady said.:)

db9

Jick is certainly playing devil's advocate half the time. But I truely enjoy most of his posts as they tend to be controversial and not the usual "I love Beautiful Day" or "Zooropa Rules" or "Bono is Gorgeous"

Numb1075 said:
Jick is certainly playing devil's advocate half the time. But I truely enjoy most of his posts as they tend to be controversial and not the usual "I love Beautiful Day" or "Zooropa Rules" or "Bono is Gorgeous"

HelloAngel said:
Definitely! Jick can be very funny, clever and hit the nail right on the head; he can also be infuriating and thoroughly irritating from time to time. Whatever the case - it's good to have discussions and keep our brains fed at regular intervals. So - even though he is a 1st class wind up merchant - :up: to Jick, in general.

Hang on.... I thought we weren't allowed to post about other members like this?

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:

Hang on.... I thought we weren't allowed to post about other members like this?

That is correct - we do not support threads that negatively single out members. Praise/Appreciation threads are welcome. It's always nice to say something nice.

HelloAngel said:

That is correct - we do not support threads that negatively single out members. Praise/Appreciation threads are welcome. It's always nice to say something nice.

for someone who's constantly stirring shit on the boards, i dont think he's a positive influence on interference.

i dont appreciate him at all.

HelloAngel said:

Well mod, where the heck were you back in the "High School pics..." thread when TwoAmerica's posted this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Seeing pics of the members always puts a smile on my face!

TwoAmericas writes -
"That sounded so gay."

I have a feeling TwoAmericas started this thread knowing exactly what would happen.

Mr. BAW said:

Well mod, where the heck were you back in the "High School pics..." thread when TwoAmerica's posted this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Seeing pics of the members always puts a smile on my face!

TwoAmericas writes -
"That sounded so gay."

Well, Mr. BAW, I was nursing my boyfriend back to health. Need anymore information on how I spend my time?

I doubt he believes everything he says. If he did he'd be completely dilussional.

He often speaks for fans or members of U2 out of line, but other than that he makes me laugh every once in awhile.

i like his constant comparisons of u2 to avril lavine and bon jovi :up:

I dont appreciate anything about him. I know exactly what he is doing and I think its pathetic. But some of you seem to want to encourage that behavior. Interesting, I guess its a sign of how the internet can differ from normal civilized society. Each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom