JEWEL and Billy Connolly :Beauty &The Beast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I am still reading the novel "Irish Gold" about an American guy investigating his grandparents involvement with the murder of Michael Collins. He's met an intriguing Irish girl(of course), she's translating his Ma's diaries from Irish to English. He's trying not to fall in love with her(of course).I just read an interesting passage that stopped me short.The main character has just returned from a swim...

"You take your tea and put some warm clothes on and I 'll show what I have done."
'Do I have a choice?"
"Not at all, at all."
The water is getting deeper, I thought to myself as I dressed. It's pleasantly warm water, however."........Sound familiar?

hey mad1, if you stroll by here...what is an "amadon"please. I can't find it in my dictionary.I have this feeling I may regret asking that. And do the locals really call the statue of sweet Molly Malone"the tart with the cart?"lol
I know I'm replying to my own posts, but I can't find the Luck'O the Irish one, and I try not to start topics here, just keep partying in the one place
biggrin.gif

Jewel?

In tight leather pants?

And you DON'T have pictures?
biggrin.gif

I mean, damnation, she's a hottie.

From Jewel's official website, jeweljk.com:

vbig03.jpg

vbig11.jpg

<sigh>

smile.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

They are both in Australia at the moment, promoting their album and movie. They both appeared live last night on a great Aussie TVshow, ROVE. Billy Connolly was hilarious, haven't had such a good belly laugh for weeks.
But, Butt, hmmmmmmm
Jewel looked stunning,(how did she wriggle into those tan leather pants?
eek.gif
) She was slightly guarded in the interview (jetlag maybe), but I am so glad she came back and sang live.(no she fecking didn't. I had another look. She was miming)

I have been collecting U2 video clips and interviews for years ( just realised the other day how fragile that is to have on just one thin old VHS tape,I intend to dub copies asap)There was just a few minutes of tape left after Walk On, so Jewel has the honour of closing my preciousU2 collection. Seems appropriate as she gracefully lent a hand during the Netaid effort.
Anyway roll on November 12, I feel this album will go thru the roof for her. Good stuff.

PS: Billy's new movie is called "The Man Who Sued God" He said he just wanted to be in it 'cause it's got such a great title.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 10-23-2001).]

Ahhh Bubba, if only, but I do have the video
biggrin.gif
You'll just have to use your imagination lad.They were very very shiny and very very tight (she had trouble sitting down to be interviewed at first ,lol)
Whereas the Big Yin, he was very comfortably dressed. He's so animated , he needs to have room to move.

Billy Connolly is God!!?? Well that explains an awful lot. I always thought some things just had to be a bad joke.

Connolly IS God...
I quite like Rove actually... it just shits me that it's on so late, cos if I start watching it I have to see it all and I don't get to sleep until like 11:30pm... which sucks when I have to wake up at 6am!
Whatever happened to Paul McDermott? And Mr Denton sucks on the radio, for some reason. He's good on TV but. Go figure!
Billy Connolly rules... I think I might have to go to the movies tonight
smile.gif

And what was with the purple facial hair?!

The Panel I'm not so keen on... the D Gen is funnier on the Late Show, may it rest in peace... Rob Sitch strikes me as something of a smart arse in that (the panel) environment. *shrug*

I just like the little messages in the credits on Rove...
smile.gif
It's like a leslie Neilsen movie or something...

Hey there Cass, I saw Rove the other night and I too thought that she seemed a little bit reserved and realised too that she was miming and those pants- WHOA!!!!! and Billy, isnt he one funny guy?, poor old Rove though he gives me the shits, I wouldnt watch his show except for the fact that he gets so many good guests on it, but I just really dont find him all that funny, he comes across to me as trying to work out if he wants to be either Andrew Denton or Paul McDermott and he fails miserably, but hey did you watch the Panel last night???, I was really dissapointed in last nights show, being my fave show and all one of their panelists was ol Wendy Harmer- a woman who I usually like, but last night she was nothing but a loud mouth hog, she was so controlling of anything said and wouldnt bloody shut up, I really hope they dont get her back on again, anyway I look forward to seeing Billys new movie
smile.gif

Ditto girls. I watch Rove for the musical guests, although I usually get a laugh from his "What the....?!!"piece.
Purple beard? my Tv's too small and the reception too dodgy to notice details like that. It's Jacaranda Festival time here. I'll keep an eye out for him in Grafton next week.
Oz Aurora. if you venture back in here...I saw The John Butler Trio last night, in a very small venue. I was right at the front in front of John
eek.gif
What an Australian treasure,what an array of guitars and what a journey he takes you on with them.
And I still don't know what an 'amadon' is and they keep saying it in the book!!!
And thank you, one of the Aussie's from the other thread..yes that's the "amorous cowboy" drink I was referring to...a shooter hey, not a cocktail. I remember now, the glass was tiny.
oh yes, I hadn't noticed the Rove credits alisaura, I'll check it out next time.

Originally posted by cass:
Ahhh Bubba, if only, but I do have the video
biggrin.gif
You'll just have to use your imagination lad.They were very very shiny and very very tight (she had trouble sitting down to be interviewed at first ,lol)

Cool.
wink.gif

I've actually heard complaints about Jewel's figure, since she isn't a two-dimensional stick of a girl.

Imbeciles.

I saw Jewel live a few years back, and she was wearing a black tube top and skirt.

<sigh>

She is easily one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

Back
Top Bottom