Jet and White Blood Cells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just fell in love with Elvis Costello's Blood & Chocolate. As direct as those two records, but infinitely better. Loud guitar, thundering drums, in-your-face organ and Bruce Thomas annoying Elvis on bass, what more can you ask for? This is one :censored: great record! The reissue also has a bonus disc with 15 songs: some new, some covers and some alternate versions. Get it and you won't be disappointed.

C ya!

Marty :)love: Uncomplicated)

Popmartijn said:
I just fell in love with Elvis Costello's Blood & Chocolate. As direct as those two records, but infinitely better. Loud guitar, thundering drums, in-your-face organ and Bruce Thomas annoying Elvis on bass, what more can you ask for? This is one :censored: great record! The reissue also has a bonus disc with 15 songs: some new, some covers and some alternate versions. Get it and you won't be disappointed.

C ya!

Marty :)love: Uncomplicated)

Marty, as much as I love you, you're weird.

Yeah, probably... :shrug:

It's just that this record sounds so much like the ones you mentioned, even though it came out in 1986.

As for Jet or White Blood Cells, I don't know. Whatever you want!

C ya!

Marty (realises this is actually no advise at all)

I would get them both, but then again I am a rock pig!!!! I am so glad to be hearing more rock out there these days, after seeing the Living End live in November last year, I forgot how much I like good ol rock inspired music. Over the past couple of years I have been saturated with a mixture of funky hip hopy kind of electronica and not to mention all of the crap that you hear on the radio and telly.

It took me a little while to get into both of these bands, I do think that the White Stripes are very good, although I think Elephant is better and Jet, well they are cool- I am going to see them at the start of May- should be a good gig, they are playing about a 1000 capacity venue where I live and friends of mine are in the support band and another friend is doing the sound for the gig, so hopefully my friends and I just might get to meet the lads from Jet, I shall let you know how the gig goes:wink:

martha said:
Ok. I get the connection now!

:heart: Marty (who is very cute) :heart:

You made my day, even though it's Monday morning! :kiss:

:hmm: Maybe I should check out these records too...

:hmm:

Marty (who's currently in his Elvis Costello and U2 live phase)

the jet album is really good and i saw them live twice and they are well worth it. i suggest if your unsure about buying the record then see them first... that's what got me into them before all the hype about them started.

All I know about Jet is their song that's out now. I disliked it at first, but now I can't get enough of it.

White Blood Cells though...a definite yes on that. Good stuff, I still spin it often.

Back
Top Bottom