Jerry Seinfeld on Charlie Rose on Monday Nov 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
This new interview with Jerry Seinfeld for the hour should air around 11pm or 11:30 or even midnight depending on your local schedule. Some PBS stations air it the following day's early afternoon. I'm sure it will be about more than just "Bee Movie" and will delve into serious areas.

http://www.charlierose.com
It will eventually be made available in streaming video from the site.

Apparently Bee Movie is shit.

Can't say I'm surprised. Oh well. Jerry's still got his bajillions.

Lancemc said:
Apparently Bee Movie is shit.

Can't say I'm surprised. Oh well. Jerry's still got his bajillions.
Yeah, Bee Movie's trailer wasn't exactly funny, but I guess it's okay for kids. Roeper and A.O. Scott loved it, but Ebert gave it a failing mark on his site.

In any case, I was extremely disappointed with the last 3 seasons of Seinfeld with their shift toward caricature-ridden writing and ridiculous plots. Curb is written the same silly way. The hardest thing is to write subtle reality-based humor, and that's what Seinfeld did best until Season 7!
corianderstem said:
I enjoyed seeing him lay into Larry King for being a dimwit.
He did? I mean to watch that when they reaired it but I forgot. I'd have loved to see that!

Yes apparently Larry King thought Seinfeld had been cancelled (I think he really had no clue and tried to cover up that fact by acting like he was just egging Jerry on), and Jerry's ego was all bent out of shape. I couldn't tell if Jerry was kidding or serious. American Gangster beat out Bee Movie, 46 to 39 million.

I watched an old episode of Seinfeld over the weekend, the rye episode. That one was a classic. Hilarious.

I think Jerry was irked, but he did keep his tone to that semi-amused level. But Larry King is a HORRIBLE interviewer and often asks boneheaded questions that just show he can't be arsed to do any basic research before talking to his guests.

It's about time someone called him on it.

corianderstem said:
I think Jerry was irked, but he did keep his tone to that semi-amused level. But Larry King is a HORRIBLE interviewer and often asks boneheaded questions that just show he can't be arsed to do any basic research before talking to his guests.

It's about time someone called him on it.
Oh, I know. Larry King is so shameless. He's probably a nice enough guy, but he's totally irresponsible. He has millions, but still goes for the bottom line exploiting every sleazy story out there. He asked one of the cast of "The View" why there was this obsession with gossip, and I felt like shouting "because of people like you, Larry who only want to cover nonsense!"

He actually bumped off Michael Moore from discussing his important documentary "Sicko", so he could interview the just-freed Paris Hilton. Talk about shameless!

To be fair, though, Seinfeld seems like a bit of an ego-maniac. I used to idolize him as a teen, but he's kind of an arrogant jerk, I think. Jason Alexander and even Michael Richards seem much more decent and thoughtful.

Back
Top Bottom