Jerry Rice.....thanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jerry rice is the all time leader in recieving touchdowns, recieving yards and total catches.

the difference between Jerry's leading stats and #2 on the list is:
67 touchdowns
7,961 yards
448 total catches

Only 24 players in NFL history have 67 touchdowns, 7,961 yards and 448 total catches.

Think about that. At an average of 6 recievers per team, there's approx. 192 active wide recievers in the NFL right now. And only 24 wide recievers in the HISTORY of the NFL have the difference in touchdowns, yards and catches between Jerry Rice and the #2 guy on those respective lists.

Jerry Rice = Class Act, True Sportsman

It'll be a long time before anyone comes along that can hold a candle to him. :yes:

Achtung Joshua! said:
I miss Sterling Sharp :sad:

Really?

Don't get me wrong ... he was a great player, but I think in some ways, he held Favre back by being the "go to" wide receiver.

In the season after Sharpe was let go, Green Bay went on to win its first NFC Central Division championship and Favre was named the league's MVP.

Sadly, with the rules becoming more pass-friendly over the years, Randy Moss may very well break Jerry Rice's receiving records. He needs to stay healthy for another 10 years and smoke less pot. Or more pot, I can't remember which.

JessicaAnn said:

Really?

Don't get me wrong ... he was a great player, but I think in some ways, he held Favre back by being the "go to" wide receiver.

In the season after Sharpe was let go, Green Bay went on to win its first NFC Central Division championship and Favre was named the league's MVP.

True, but when I became a Packers fan Favre wasn't the QB. Some Polish retard (Makowski or something) held the starting job. So Sterling Sharp was the only gem on the team. And he was freakin great!!!
PS. I miss Antonio Freeman as well :sad:

Achtung Joshua! said:

True, but when I became a Packers fan Favre wasn't the QB. Some Polish retard (Makowski or something) held the starting job. So Sterling Sharp was the only gem on the team. And he was freakin great!!!
PS. I miss Antonio Freeman as well :sad:

Please don't call Polish people retards :angry:

I have been a loyal fan of the Packers for my whole life ... suffering through the good and the bad.

Don "The Magic Man" Majkowski :drool:

I never said Sterling wasn't a good player. I think that because Sterling was such a great player, there was a lot of pressure on Majkowski and later Favre to get the ball in his hands.

When Sterling left, there was less pressure on Favre to get the ball into one particular player's hands and he was free to spread the love and get the balls into the hands of all of his receivers and tight ends.

Jerry Rice is the best ever. He has given me much happiness and golden moments over the years. My only regret is that he stayed too long and went out in a way that was less than his legend deserved. I hope he will still retire a 49er and be on their ring of honor.

While Moss may break his record one day, Moss will never be the class act Rice is and was. I liked Randy too until he turned to the dark side :sigh:

Moss won't play nearly as long as Rice. I can't picture Randy suiting up when he's 35 years old.

Back
Top Bottom