Jericho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:
Fuck. I'm hooked again. :sigh:

I just downloaded the first season and started watching from the start again, and it occurs to me that Mimi is way hotter now than she was at the start of the series. :up:

Yeah she really is. I think part of the explanation is that she was kind of a bitch early on which didn't help, but she's definitely hotter.

DaveC said:
Well, who saw that coming? :ohmy:

Next week looks like it's going to be awesome. :drool:

Yeah no kidding. It was so badass, when she was just calmly popping guys, but I knew she'd end up shot eventually. There's gonna be hell to pay next week...can't wait.

I wonder what kind of ratings it's getting this season? You'd think other shows being in limbo would help. Hopefully we get another season.

DaveC said:
Well, who saw that coming? :ohmy:

Next week looks like it's going to be awesome. :drool:

Yeah, it was a great episode. I was sort of rolling my eyes when she pulled out the gun and started shooting, thinking Jake was going to arrive at any minute and save the day like he always does, and then, wow. Didn't see it coming. I felt a tinge of sadness when they said only 3 more episodes because we don't know if anything will be resolved or if the show will be renewed. They can't leave us hanging again and then cancel.

Wow what a great episode! At the edge of my seat. Jericho is 10times better than 24. I really hope the Major decides to betray the New Government after finding out his "Boss" was behind the attacks. I also hope Ravenwood gets their asses kicked by the folks in Jericho.

CTU2fan said:
It was so badass, when she was just calmly popping guys, but I knew she'd end up shot eventually. There's gonna be hell to pay next week...can't wait.

Pretty sure we already knew she was a good shot, I think sometime last season it was said that she was the one who used to go out and hunt while Stanley was working the farm.

Either way, next week the town is going to go crazy. I get the feeling they're going to regret destroying that tank.

Anybody know if they've announced whether or not the show is going to be renewed? I heard they filmed a series finale in case they need it to provide some closure, but I haven't heard whether or not that announcement's actually been made by CBS.

DaveC said:

Anybody know if they've announced whether or not the show is going to be renewed? I heard they filmed a series finale in case they need it to provide some closure, but I haven't heard whether or not that announcement's actually been made by CBS.

CBS hasn't announced anything, but given that the ratings for these new episodes have been the worst yet, it's pretty likely they'll use the ending they shot as a finale, rather than air the one that leaves it open.

powerhour24 said:

but given that the ratings for these new episodes have been the worst yet,

Really? That's too bad. I admit it's still not very good, and yet I love it. :(

joyfulgirl said:

Really? That's too bad. I admit it's still not very good, and yet I love it. :(

What are you talking about? Jericho is the only good series on TV. Better than AI, BattleStar, any comedy show or NYPD show!

If it ends this season I hope it goes out with a Bang.

Justin24 said:

What are you talking about? Jericho is the only good series on TV. Better than AI, BattleStar, any comedy show or NYPD show!

If it ends this season I hope it goes out with a Bang.

I said I love it. But it's kind of like a B movie. It's not well written, there are only a couple of good actors, and a lot of it is cheesy. There's a reason why it's not popular. But I still enjoy it. I'd easily watch another season.

If next week really is the last episode ever there is a lot to tie up in an hour. I fear another lame season finale and with no reprieve this time.

I really am starting to hope that next week is the last episode. It's really different now than it was in the first season, and I don't think they can keep this up for another season without a serious shark jump.

That said, I am excited to see how it ends :up:

Justin24 said:
I think the problem is they put it in a crappy time slot.

I dunno, in a time where 99% of what's on TV is either reality or a rerun the show ought to do better than it is. I think it's toast :(

They should just have the bomb go off, nuke everybody...then at least nobody can bitch for the show to be back, not without any characters left alive anyway.

I think they need to make a 2 hr series finally. And the ending should be the "Big Bang" The universe explodes again, or have Mulder and Scully show up to save the day with the lone gun men's help.

If next week is it, they have to put Skeet Ulrich back on TV asap. I don't care if it's Dancing With the Stars, he belongs on my TV!

Well it's official, Jericho is cancelled. What a bloody drag.

March 21, 2008

For the second time in two years, "Jericho" has reached the end of its CBS run.

CBS announced on Friday (March 21) that next Tuesday's new "Jericho," already set to be the show's second season finale, will also be its series finale.

"The March 25th episode of Jericho will be the series finale," says CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-cbscancelsjerichoagain,0,6182598.story

Doesn't surprise me, and I'm really not all that disappointed. Like I said, I don't think there was really much farther to go with the story.

This show has done some gutsy stuff I never thought would be scene on network TV. Great parallels with Iraq or any occupied nation. Honest depiction of the complexity of terrorism -- that, just like war -- its moral judgment depends on the case; insurgents and terrorists can be justified (as in the cast of Jericho's inhabitants) or not (as in the bomber's willingness to sacrifice so many lives). Wonderful perspective of the subjects of US occupation, and I was so happy to see more criticism of Blackwater by this bunch of writers than all of CNN and the mainstream media!

I'm so sorry CBS has been foolish enough to cancel it.

I fear this may result from fans (including sci fi fans) tendency to prefer DVRing and downloading, when they have a Nielsen box, to watching it live and have effectively killed another good show.

Diemen said:
You better get used to it, muldfeld. DVRs ain't going nowhere.
The thing is DVRs don't allow us to watch shows. Live ratings do. It's fans with Nielsen boxes that have to conform to live programming or face losing their favorite shows.

It's the industry's fault for promoting a technology that cuts into their profits, but they're still judging shows based on live ratings and not DVD sales. So, fans have the choice and they chose wrong.

Get ready for even more reality TV and more cliche drama: CSIs, Law and Orders, many another Grey's Anatomy spinoff, etc.

I don't think watching live is that big a deal, if you care about an unpopular show (unlike "Lost") and want it to survive -- at least leave the TV on, you know?

Muldfeld said:

The thing is DVRs don't allow us to watch shows. Live ratings do. It's fans with Nielsen boxes that have to conform to live programming or face losing their favorite shows.

I was a Nielsen house and didn't have a box--I was given a booklet to fill out--so the box isn't the only way to determine ratings. Nielsen will have to update its way of tracking to keep up. Popular shows are DV-Rd as much as unpopular ones, right? I watch almost nothing live anymore and somehow the really good shows stick around.

I liked Jericho for the very reasons you stated--especially the Blackwater commentary--but I didn't know one other person in my whole life except for people on this forum who watched it. They were bold in their ideas but the writing was lame and just didn't measure up to some of the other great shows on TV. If the writing had been better, I think it would have been more popular. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:
They were bold in their ideas but the writing was lame and just didn't measure up to some of the other great shows on TV. If the writing had been better, I think it would have been more popular. :shrug:

I agree, they had some good ideas but the execution was poor...

It seemed like every episode needed to have at least one "heart-warming" moment that always felt out of place...

The whole tone of the show felt kind of off if you ask me... If nuclear bombs had been dropped on all major US cities (and one close by) you would think life would not go back to normal as quickly as it did, half the time it seemed like nothing had happened at all...

I dunno, I guess I was hoping for more of a post-apocalyptic Road Warrior'esque story...

Muldfeld said:

It's the industry's fault for promoting a technology that cuts into their profits, but they're still judging shows based on live ratings and not DVD sales. So, fans have the choice and they chose wrong.

Get ready for even more reality TV and more cliche drama: CSIs, Law and Orders, many another Grey's Anatomy spinoff, etc.

I don't think watching live is that big a deal, if you care about an unpopular show (unlike "Lost") and want it to survive -- at least leave the TV on, you know?

You need to do a little research. DVRs aren't your problem.

Back
Top Bottom