Jergen's Natural Glow lotion... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-19-2005, 02:04 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:55 PM
I was curious about it..but sounds like I might stay away

Think I'll stick to my Netrogena Build a Tan nasty smell though...but it works, you can control the darkness of it and it looks really natural. I don't know why but my stubborn Irish skin legs will NOT tan...I can fry the hell right out of them but they won't tan so I use that stuff

Old 07-19-2005, 07:20 AM   #17
New Yorker
Hey, Dis, I tried it and like the results--but it does not smell very nice. Has that self-tanning lotion smell. I even used on my face for a "natural glow." Make sure you wash your hands after you use cause it makes your palms brown. Then you have to reapply some other lotion to your hands to keep them soft. Oh what we do to keep ourselves beautiful.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
I tried it when I was on vacation in April, didn't work well for me..but I also didn't put the right amount of effort into it. I am like a ghost and my skin is dry. I also tried that Sally Hansen Spray On stocking thing on the same vacation, it was horrible.

If you exfoliate before the Jergens it should work better. I don't know if you can use another moisturizer under it but if you can that might help too.

It's all too much effort for me, I guess I'd rather be pale amd sickly looking
Old 07-24-2005, 08:17 AM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 11:55 PM
I've been using it, but it gaves you an uneven tan.
Into the heart of a child...
Old 07-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #20
Well, I've been using it for several days on my legs and arms... and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm extremely fair and have very dry skin. It just gives me a hint of color so that I'm not white as a ghost - which is all I really need. I wouldnt look natural if I were tan anyways. I just make sure that I exfolitate the bejeezus out of my skin before I put it on so that it's not all patchy.
I also tried that new Neutrogena airbrush type spray - horrible stuff. I looked like a zebra for a few days and had to wear pants in the 100 degree weather. I do like just the plain old Neutrogena foam that has a little tint, so that you can see where it's been applied.
I also have tried the booth before... with all the various Charlie's Angels poses. It worked fine - but looked better/more natural after a few days when it faded a bit. I'm just trying all my options for a wedding I'm in in October! The tops for the dresses are pure white and I dont want to be the same color as it.

But alas- with all my rambling - I would recommend the Jergens for my fellow fair girls... get the medium strenght!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:19 AM   #21
Local Time: 11:55 PM
If God meant for us to be the same colour as Oompa Loompas (!) he woudn't have provided an ozone layer!!

Old 07-25-2005, 12:18 AM   #22
War Child
Local Time: 03:55 PM
I use SexyHair Aerotan. Spray on tan that goes on smooth and SMELLS GOOD!
It's a good colour too, not too orangy.

I love it.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:10 PM   #23
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:55 PM
I'm embracing my pasty-whiteness from now on...

Old 07-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:55 PM
I just found some in someone's room, so I tried it (it's probably my mom's b/c it says For Fair Skin). I'm not really that pale though and I'm as tan as I can physically be right now since we've been at the cottage for over a week, so I can't say anything about the color. I didn't like the smell, but it worked fine as a lotion. I have the Jergen's Soft Shimmer and LOVE the smell of that and also have a giant pump bottle of St. Ives lotion and love the smell of that. If it works, I'd like to try it in the winter. I suppose I can deal w/ the smell.