jen's room superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2008, 03:15 AM   #571
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:29 PM
i have never seen snow either , and i am glad, im already got a long sleeve top a hoodie and a polar fleece over the top.

mmmmm trench coat and boots weather

Old 03-29-2008, 03:15 AM   #572
45:33

Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Really? I went down to Stony Point on the train and in the southeast and CBD I just encountered light spitting.
Yeah, it pissed down in Wezza today. We need this rain, thank god.

But hey, that's Melbourne. The sun came out for half an hour as well.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:16 AM   #573
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
it's all true though... and to think I was going to get into his solo work... if it's like that I might buy it if I develop insomnia or something...

Dave Gilmour for me

Plus I have HUGE respect for Rick Wright.

Any Colour You Like is THE best instrumental I've heard, just edging out Speed of Life by David Bowie.
I've listened to one Waters solo album, Radio KAOS. Completely put me off checking out any more. Might download the others sometime but it's waaaayyy down the bottom of my priorities list.

I'll agree with you about Gilmour and Wright. Especially as Wright sings the best PF song ever, Summer '68.

Now, I'm sure you're expecting me to name some Porcupine Tree song like The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase Two) as the best instrumental ever, or something even more obscure like Sowilo Rune by Agalloch or whatever. But nope. The instrumental I love the most is Bass Trap by U2.

I'm serious.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2008, 03:17 AM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 PM
I love where I live because the weather is so erratic. You can have your heat on and your AC on in the same day. We've had days where we had the AC on on Christmas. In the last month, the weather here has gone consistantly back and forth between cold and warm. On one day it would be warm enough to wear shorts and a tanktop, and then the next day you'd be back to jackets. It actually snowed here for about 2 minutes on Easter
Old 03-29-2008, 03:17 AM   #575
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:59 PM
I've been in snow, once.

It was when i was in Scotland in 1999, and the snow delayed the start of the county cricket season because it went pretty far south into England.

Fuck, i wanna revisit.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:18 AM   #576
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Now, I'm sure you're expecting me to name some Porcupine Tree song like The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase Two) as the best instrumental ever, or something even more obscure like Sowilo Rune by Agalloch or whatever. But nope. The instrumental I love the most is Bass Trap by U2.

I'm serious.
I call bullshit.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:19 AM   #577
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
I love where I live because the weather is so erratic. You can have your heat on and your AC on in the same day. We've had days where we had the AC on on Christmas. In the last month, the weather here has gone consistantly back and forth between cold and warm. On one day it would be warm enough to wear shorts and a tanktop, and then the next day you'd be back to jackets. It actually snowed here for about 2 minutes on Easter
That sounds almost sane and predictable compared to Melbourne.

I love how the weather in this city is a genuine, legitimate topic of conversation, not just small talk filler.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2008, 03:19 AM   #578
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
I've been in snow, once.

It was when i was in Scotland in 1999, and the snow delayed the start of the county cricket season because it went pretty far south into England.

Fuck, i wanna revisit.
CRICKET delayed by snow?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2008, 03:20 AM   #579

Quote:

I've listened to one Waters solo album, Radio KAOS. Completely put me off checking out any more. Might download the others sometime but it's waaaayyy down the bottom of my priorities list.

I'll agree with you about Gilmour and Wright. Especially as Wright sings the best PF song ever, Summer '68.

I'm serious.
I downloaded Summer '68 the other day... and it's not up there for me. Sorry. But still better than a few of the others there.

Bass Trap is indeed lovely, but there's a few others I prefer. I'd name Endless Deep as my favourite.

Would you agree that with Waters the 'story' gets in the way of the music?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 AM   #580
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

CRICKET delayed by snow?

The bizarreness of it is why i remember a useless fact like that
Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 AM   #581

I've just been hearing about how the English are psycho over their soccer, as in you can't wear certain coloured shirts in some places for fear over getting your head kicked in...
Old 03-29-2008, 03:22 AM   #582
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Yeah, it pissed down in Wezza today. We need this rain, thank god.

But hey, that's Melbourne. The sun came out for half an hour as well.
It was just about raining sheets at 10:30am on Thursday in Parkville. Less than an hour later, it was nice and sunny. I'd honestly never seen it rain so much in Melbourne in the 14 months I've lived down here. It was mind-boggling.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2008, 03:23 AM   #583
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
That sounds almost sane and predictable compared to Melbourne.

I love how the weather in this city is a genuine, legitimate topic of conversation, not just small talk filler.
It can be here too.

Get this, I have this friend in England, who downloaded some kind of program that automatically gives weather updates or something, except it only worked for locations in America, so he put my city in... and then soon began complaining that there was always a severe weather alert for my area.

If it's not spring flooding (which we're currently having) then it's summer thunderstorms, autumn tornadoes, or winter ice/snow.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:24 AM   #584
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:29 PM
heheheh i vh1 - they are having a top 12 countdown with mullets as the theme. geeeeee i wonder who will come in at no1??

Old 03-29-2008, 03:26 AM   #585
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I downloaded Summer '68 the other day... and it's not up there for me. Sorry. But still better than a few of the others there.

Bass Trap is indeed lovely, but there's a few others I prefer. I'd name Endless Deep as my favourite.

Would you agree that with Waters the 'story' gets in the way of the music?
Trust me when I say Summer '68 is a grower. I've been a PF fan since 2003. Sorrow was my favourite Floyd song until about May 2007. One evening, I was waiting for a tram in Balaclava, it was a very dark night, it was lightly raining, and cars were just whizzing by. It felt very desolate, and in that moment, Summer '68 completely hit me. It's been my favourite ever since.

Endless Deep has vocals! You can't say it's a better instrumental than Bass Trap, heh.

And I totally agree about Waters. The Wall collapses under the weight of the story.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread