jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be able to get rid of a couple more of those spare tix, Jen! :yippie: Some people from PERTH are coming over for the midnight session, and maybe Sat. night too... :D These are the people I met up with at the concerts in '06...

Axver said:

Oh, but I was so looking forward to your traditional Southern "PRAAAYYYYUSSSE THAAH LAAAWWWWWUUUDDD" sermons! :winl:

Y'ALL BETTER GIVE ME YO MONEY, OR I WILL CALL UPON THE GOOD LAAAAWD TO SMITE Y'ALL!

:wink:

mysterious_jen said:

hey bonnie ! :wave:

are you somewhere with foxtel tonight? :shifty:

:wave:

No, I'm not... why?

Actually, I've had a surprisingly busy offline life too. And it's involved far too many trains (or not enough trains if you share my perspective on life).

And I haven't kept up with this weekend's AFL results. Anything interesting happen?

It's good to actually be busy and doing a bunch of stuff lately, actually. Except for what I'm meant to be doing now... Oc Health and Safety homework. I'm holding off on that.

Don't know all about the AFL games, Brisbane won by a couple of points, Melbourne got thrashed again... and crows beat eagles by 76 points WHAT THE FUCK FUCK YOU ADELAIDE FUCK YOU SO MUCH ARGH. And that's all I really know about this round, yeah.

I dunno how the Hawks went, but I reckon they could live off last week's win for a while... :wink:

Is it too early to figure out where we're going next?

Alisaura said:
I might be able to get rid of a couple more of those spare tix, Jen! :yippie: Some people from PERTH are coming over for the midnight session, and maybe Sat. night too... :D These are the people I met up with at the concerts in '06...

People are coming from PERTH to see a MOVIE? :eyebrow:

major_panic said:

Y'ALL BETTER GIVE ME YO MONEY, OR I WILL CALL UPON THE GOOD LAAAAWD TO SMITE Y'ALL!

PRAAAAYYYUUUUSE THA LAWWWWDD BY DONATING YO NINETY PERCENT TITHE FOR OUR NEW MEGACHUUUURRCHHH!

Alisaura said:

sweet ! i have also made a plan with cin and danny, im leaving geelong about 630., pic up cin, pick up danny from wezza and head up so should get there by hmmm by the time i get lost and have a freak out , 9 ish , so then we can catch up for something to eat or a cofee first if you want to .

Hey Ax, more bad news:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/03/29/1206207499091.html

MELBOURNE University's troubled arts faculty is bracing itself for more redundancies with some saying further cuts will threaten the university's controversial US-style teaching model.

Under fire are academics who teach subjects with fewer than 40 students and those who have not met research targets over the past five years, a university draft proposal for voluntary redundancies states.

Education sources warn that some subjects, particularly in languages and history courses, could be lost if more staff are cut.

Axver said:
People are coming from PERTH to see a MOVIE? :eyebrow:
They're not your breed of fan, Ax :wink: And I daresay they're doing it as much to catch up with friends here as anything else. Re-live the good times... :up:

The Sad Punk said:
It's good to actually be busy and doing a bunch of stuff lately, actually. Except for what I'm meant to be doing now... Oc Health and Safety homework. I'm holding off on that.

Don't know all about the AFL games, Brisbane won by a couple of points, Melbourne got thrashed again... and crows beat eagles by 76 points WHAT THE FUCK FUCK YOU ADELAIDE FUCK YOU SO MUCH ARGH. And that's all I really know about this round, yeah.

I've enjoyed getting out and about, but it's not helped my procrastination on dull university work. Ugh. None of this is doing anything to excite me.

Ouch, 76 points? That's got to hurt. Just looked up the results and I see Geelong caned the Bombers by 99. Last I heard, Richmond was a bit behind at half time against the Kangaroos, damn.

And my Hurricanes went down 20-13 to Canterbury in the rugby. :(

mysterious_jen said:
sweet ! i have also made a plan with cin and danny, im leaving geelong about 630., pic up cin, pick up danny from wezza and head up so should get there by hmmm by the time i get lost and have a freak out , 9 ish , so then we can catch up for something to eat or a cofee first if you want to .
Cool! :hyper:

I'm not sure Perth even has an IMAX. :scratch:

Alisaura said:

They're not your breed of fan, Ax :wink: And I daresay they're doing it as much to catch up with friends here as anything else. Re-live the good times... :up:

Well, I'm quite happy to travel across oceans to see the band live, but a movie's not exactly a one-time-only event.

But yeah, if I travelled on the next tour, quite honestly it'd probably be more to see friends anyway. So I can understand that.

Unless U2 starts playing ASOH and UF and OTH and such; then I'm so there for the music. :drool:

mysterious_jen said:
campainers in brighton rallying against connex to open the historic manulally opened crossing gates had a brawl amongst themselves .
For some reason that reminds me that I had a stupid idea for a poster... get a pic of some brawl (possibly from the Thai government or whichever country it is that has brawls in parliament) and just label it "EYKIW" or something...

Alisaura said:

For some reason that reminds me that I had a stupid idea for a poster... get a pic of some brawl (possibly from the Thai government or whichever country it is that has brawls in parliament) and just label it "EYKIW" or something...

more like FYM ...

taiwaneese parliment FTW :up:

major_panic said:

"Education sources warn that some subjects, particularly in languages and history courses, could be lost if more staff are cut."

HISTORY?

Oh just FUCK OFF.

The librarian I spoke to at the Baillieu was bitching to me about Glyn Davis too. She is irate that there are twelve people being paid large funds to promote the university while funding is not even made available to the Baillieu to buy more shelves so they can stock all their books!

Seriously, why the FUCK does Melbourne University need highly paid marketing people anyway? I mean, who in Victoria has not heard of the place?

mysterious_jen said:
:lmao:

campainers in brighton rallying against connex to open the historic manulally opened crossing gates had a brawl amongst themselves .

wankers :lol:

:laugh: Got a link?

1339452.jpg

Axver said:
Seriously, why the FUCK does Melbourne University need highly paid marketing people anyway? I mean, who in Victoria has not heard of the place?
Melbourne Who? :scratch:

Oh, you mean the place where the Monash dropouts go... :wink:

*runs like hell, laughing all the way* :D

Axver said:

"Education sources warn that some subjects, particularly in languages and history courses, could be lost if more staff are cut."

HISTORY?

Oh just FUCK OFF.

The librarian I spoke to at the Baillieu was bitching to me about Glyn Davis too. She is irate that there are twelve people being paid large funds to promote the university while funding is not even made available to the Baillieu to buy more shelves so they can stock all their books!

Seriously, if this lasts any longer, we'll have to start a campaign to get rid of him.

Barricade the Baillieu Library! Hold off University security! Fight for glorious, glorious freedom! Or at least Davis's resignation!

Alisaura said:

Melbourne Who? :scratch:

Oh, you mean the place where the Monash dropouts go... :wink:

*runs like hell, laughing all the way* :D

Mon ... ash?

Oh yeah, that place that isn't one of the top twenty universities in the world, unlike Melbourne University, which is!

... and won't be much longer if Glyn Davis keeps raping it with a fork. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom