jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
Slow thread, eh? Unfortunately I'm pretty busy / tired / whatever, so I'm not gonna help much. Also I got another casual job, which eats up time.
"What's wrong with this country? Can't a man walk down the street without being offered a job!?"

:wink:

Congrats?

Alisaura said:

:yuck:

I went to see Horton Hears a Who last night, so all the trailers were for kid's movies, including that Hannah Montana thing. I'd never heard of her, or Miley or whoever the other chick is, until that moment, I rather wish I hadn't. I was heard to comment after that preview that U23D would be a hell of a lot better :giggle:

Hi Ax and maj. :wave:

i saw horton with my holiday program group and i really liked it , i was LMAO in parts but then i luuuurve steve carrell.

major_panic said:
poster96234430.jpg
I did see that one... :lol:

major_panic said:
Slow thread, eh? Unfortunately I'm pretty busy / tired / whatever, so I'm not gonna help much. Also I got another casual job, which eats up time.

Plus, now that uni's starting again and it'll be a ten-week long stretch this time, plus the fact I'm already behind by two weeks, means I'll be spending less time here :(

Wow, this post is all over the place. I'm tired.

Ten week? It's a 12 week semester and we've already done 3, so only 9. Still, stupidly long. The mid-semester break should be, well, mid-semester.

And are you going to be able to make the Tuesday lunchtime concert thing?

Alisaura said:

... Yes, yes I did. :lol:
Plus I'm trying to avoid spoilers still, although I'm not sure why.

Yeah, I already told you they open with Street Mission!

And I believe on the EYKIW poll, Hannah Montana beat U2 3D. So many of us think we're so funny in not voting for U2. :wink:

Axver said:

Ten week? It's a 12 week semester and we've already done 3, so only 9. Still, stupidly long. The mid-semester break should be, well, mid-semester.

And are you going to be able to make the Tuesday lunchtime concert thing?

Yep, I'll be there for sure, and I think I'll have my swords with me.

I'll be missing Thursday's lecture and tute though, so I'm kinda worried about that, although I get the feeling that if I do all the readings, I should be all right.

mysterious_jen said:

:madwife: you had to bring up the frikking pies again didnt you !

no trains this time thankfully.

Hey, I tried to compromise. Let's call them party savouries or something, then everyone's happy. Right ... right?

And you know you deeply love trains.

mysterious_jen said:
i saw horton with my holiday program group and i really liked it , i was LMAO in parts but then i luuuurve steve carrell.
I enjoyed it too... the Whos were brilliantly done. :lol:

Remind me what else Steve Carrel's been in? Is he that guy in Elf (which I haven't actually seen)?

Alisaura said:

"What's wrong with this country? Can't a man walk down the street without being offered a job!?"

:wink:

Congrats?

:lol: Thanks, yeah, it's really just helping out some of the pastoral staff in the church whilst one of them is having an operation and recovering.

If it advances my future career in being a preacher-type person, hell yes I'll take it.

Axver said:
And I believe on the EYKIW poll, Hannah Montana beat U2 3D. So many of us think we're so funny in not voting for U2. :wink:
Yeah, not really shocked by that result! :wink:

Hey Bonnie! :wave:

Why ARE we in Jen's room, anyway?

Hey awesome, the cinema down the road from me is gonna be showing U2 3D.

Guess I'm gonna be watching it a few times...

major_panic said:

:lol: Thanks, yeah, it's really just helping out some of the pastoral staff in the church whilst one of them is having an operation and recovering.

If it advances my future career in being a preacher-type person, hell yes I'll take it.

ohh nooo dont do it ! :no: :no:

major_panic said:

Yep, I'll be there for sure, and I think I'll have my swords with me.

I'll be missing Thursday's lecture and tute though, so I'm kinda worried about that, although I get the feeling that if I do all the readings, I should be all right.

Hah, awesome. I'll aim to see you there.

And yeah, I imagine you'll be alright if you've done the readings. Have you been in touch with our tutor?

Axver said:

Despite how slow it's been? You haven't been online enough. :tsk:

Yeah, well I've been busy. My sister came back from England and so I've been about with her. And I was away for a wedding down the Peninsula yesterday and this morning (which was good, it meant I didn't have to watch the game :|).

major_panic said:

Don't worry, we'll deconvert and corrupt you first. :wink:

Axver said:

Hah, awesome. I'll aim to see you there.

And yeah, I imagine you'll be alright if you've done the readings. Have you been in touch with our tutor?

Nope, been too busy with RL. Which is quite funny, really.

The Sad Punk said:

Yeah, well I've been busy. My sister came back from England and so I've been about with her. And I was away for a wedding down the Peninsula yesterday and this morning (which was good, it meant I didn't have to watch the game :|).

Actually, I've had a surprisingly busy offline life too. And it's involved far too many trains (or not enough trains if you share my perspective on life).

And I haven't kept up with this weekend's AFL results. Anything interesting happen?

Axver said:

Don't worry, we'll deconvert and corrupt you first. :wink:

See, I figure if I go into that field of work / ministry, I'll at least be able to influence people away from what churches normally preach and actually hammer some sense into them, let them see their religion objectively.

I guess I won't be preaching in the Southern US any time in my life...

Alisaura said:
Southland's showing U23D as well... and Chaddy too, I think.

im hoping it will come to geelongs pissant theatres, at least then i wont have to travel and hour and a half everytime i want to see it, not that i mind for those couple of special of first times, but ifi want to sneak in a quickie a closer one would be better, :shifty:

major_panic said:

See, I figure if I go into that field of work / ministry, I'll at least be able to influence people away from what churches normally preach and actually hammer some sense into them, let them see their religion objectively.

I guess I won't be preaching in the Southern US any time in my life...

Oh, but I was so looking forward to your traditional Southern "PRAAAYYYYUSSSE THAAH LAAAWWWWWUUUDDD" sermons! :winl:

mysterious_jen said:
hey maj, how the fuck do you get to carry your swords around melbourne and on campus???

Something like this:

OH2280.jpg

Slings across one shoulder, but it's usually pretty bloody obvious as to what's in the bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom