jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:
the only way i can do anything with no internet distraction is not to turn on my computer, and keep telling myself - no blue crack till this is done!

it doesnt work.

this thread is a bit longwinded isnt it , i guess you are all on fire or you arent.

See, I need distractions. I produce shitty work if I just push myself to produce. I'll be on JSTOR, writing an essay, and posting on here at the same time.

And yeah, it's funny how we've churned through some threads in under 10 hours, while others take at least two days.

Axver said:
Dear University of Melbourne,

Is it really necessary to have twelve libraries on the Parkville campus? Sure, I appreciate that some are necessary, and that the Economics library is essentially part of the Baillieu library. But some, such as the Architecture library, are so pointlessly small that I don't see why they aren't merged into the Baillieu or ERC, or at least centralised into a third big library. Bloody hell, I hate having to find these new libraries just for one book.

Regards,
Ax

12 libraries? WTF .

on line journals FTW :up: now i remmeber why i did applied science with easliy found materials . heheheh.

oh crap speaking of assingments ....

my best work is produced underpressure- i.e everything i was meant to do this week which i am meant to pull out of my arse for my boss tomorrow, will now be done today.

coolian2 said:
AUT has one big motherfucking library

and next door to the tower we also have the Auckland Central Library

Melbourne University has the Baillieu library and the Education Resource Centre (ERC), both of which are gigantic five storey libraries. The ERC is currently closed for renovations, which is a pain as its old bottom two floors were the Humanities archives and that was my favourite place on the entire campus.

Then there are small ones scattered across campus, like the Architecture, Law, and Medicine libraries.

Just a few tram stops down from the uni is the Royal Historical Society's library and on a different route is the State Library of Victoria.

People who can't find research materials really have no excuse, but traipsing between them all is a pain in the arse.

hye i actually watched a really good movie last night- The Darjeeling LTD - pretty awesome.

also watched Run fatboy run, was ok, Dylan Moran was its saving grace.

mysterious_jen said:

12 libraries? WTF .

on line journals FTW :up: now i remmeber why i did applied science with easliy found materials . heheheh.

oh crap speaking of assingments ....

Online journals are made of win. I am in love with JSTOR. But I need primary documents, which almost always means a trip to the library.

Axver said:

You and I can picspam later and push this thing to a new thread before the day's out.
May I assist in the postwhoring for at least the next two hours? :D

mysterious_jen said:
state library :drool:

:combust: i lurrrrved it.

What irritates me about the State Library is 1. you can't check anything out and 2. they make you put bags into storage before entering. I need to lug around my books and vision aides!

RegularBonoFan said:
May I assist in the postwhoring for at least the next two hours? :D

Go for it!

Though I must admit I don't believe I really know you. :reject:

Hi Axver, my name is Frankie, and Ali and Jen know me well. :yes:

RegularBonoFan said:
Hi Axver, my name is Frankie, and Ali and Jen know me well. :yes:

G'day. :wave:

I'm André. Or Ax or Axxo. I answer to all of them.

And yes, this thread has far too many tumbleweeds at the moment. Not that I'm going to help, as I'm about to vanish off to the library. Ugh, meant to leave an hour ago ...

Axver said:

What irritates me about the State Library is 1. you can't check anything out and 2. they make you put bags into storage before entering. I need to lug around my books and vision aides!

and i got told off for taking photos . :reject:

wouldnt they have to let you take your vision aides at least?

awwwww..... but i want my newchapter now !

heheh

i will aide in the tumbleweeds soon too , i do have a crap load of real life stuff to do, and i slept more than half my day away already.

so let the weeds blow wild and free and i will be back ! byee

Axver said:

And yes, this thread has far too many tumbleweeds at the moment. Not that I'm going to help, as I'm about to vanish off to the library. Ugh, meant to leave an hour ago ...
Nice to meet ya. :wink: I'm Frankie, but I answer to RBF or Jess, too.

Don't let us keep you. Excessive libraries makes Oz seem more like my kind of place. :up: I'm starting to save up, Jen! :hyper:

mysterious_jen said:

and i got told off for taking photos . :reject:

wouldnt they have to let you take your vision aides at least?

Oh yeah, I can take in the vision aides, it just means taking them out of my bag and carrying them around. Which in turn makes browsing shelves a little bit more of a hassle. I try to avoid going to the State Library whenever possible.

RegularBonoFan said:
Nice to meet ya. :wink: I'm Frankie, but I answer to RBF or Jess, too.

Don't let us keep you. Excessive libraries makes Oz seem more like my kind of place. :up: I'm starting to save up, Jen! :hyper:

We need an Aussie-fied nickname for you. I mean, we've got Vazza for Varitek, Saddo for The Sad Punk, Axxo for me. How's Reggo? :hmm:

Melbourne's made of SuperWin when it comes to libraries. I could just about live in the Baillieu library at the University of Melbourne. Set up a little fort around my favourite section and have somebody bring me food. Sounds good. Guess I'll go and establish it then. :wink:

See you folk later! :wave:

Reggo, FTW. :up:

I'll remember to visit Fort Axxo when I get down there sometime in the near future.

See you both later.

Axver said:

Or Assver.

No matter how many times I see "FTW" and even use it myself, I still read it as "fuck the what".

Fort Axxo will have the latest and greatest in New Zealand history books, railway literature, and 19th century Russian classics. :drool:

coolian2 said:
My sisters friend just left.

Shame about the religion thing because she is hawt and, as it happens, is into U2.

Is she a Mormon with magical undies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom