jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously,

Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V)
Welcome to the Machine
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI - IX)

It doesn't come much better than that.

10, 8, 8, 10, 10.

COBL_04 said:

Is the rest of Atom Heart Mother decent?

:lol: I can't believe people made such a big deal over that. I deleted it from my computer.

:lmao: I'm don't quite abhor it that much, because there's other songs I enjoy, such as In the Flesh, In the Flesh?, Mother, Vera...

Woops, forgot to reply to the rest. Let's do a new post rather than an edit to help out the postwhorehouse!

I've played NLOTH about two times. You can at least tell there's a bit of interesting guitar stuff going on at the end, but that's it. What cracked me up was when people got excited over the earlier clip of The Edge just rehearsing scales! :lmao:

See, there are a few other moments on the album that I appreciate, but too often they seem tied to dullness. They segue into or out of boring tracks and I can't conveniently isolate them like I can with the three songs I named.

COBL_04 said:
Seriously,

Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V)
Welcome to the Machine
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI - IX)

It doesn't come much better than that.

10, 8, 8, 10, 10.

I'll quibble with your ratings: 10, 7, 10, 10, 8.

COBL_04 said:

Do yourself a favour, go out and grab Dark Side and Wish you Were Here. Both almost flawless, especially WYWH. Then if you enjoy them, try Animals. And Meddle :drool:

Fuck Meddle, he needs Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.

Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam, Interstellar Overdrive, and MOTHERFUCKIN' BIKE are made of SuperWin.

I've got a mouse
He hasn't got a house
I don't know why I call him Gerald ...

Axver said:

Woops, forgot to reply to the rest. Let's do a new post rather than an edit to help out the postwhorehouse!

I've played NLOTH about two times. You can at least tell there's a bit of interesting guitar stuff going on at the end, but that's it. What cracked me up was when people got excited over the earlier clip of The Edge just rehearsing scales! :lmao:

See, there are a few other moments on the album that I appreciate, but too often they seem tied to dullness. They segue into or out of boring tracks and I can't conveniently isolate them like I can with the three songs I named.

Oh, I must have missed NLOTH. The clip I got was the scales one, which was what I was referring to. How the hell can people get excited over that?? I hate to say it, but I laugh at some of the people who frequent that forum.

And you'll notice that two of the songs you pointed out were Gilmour songs. Nuff said.

Axver said:

Fuck Meddle, he needs Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.

Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam, Interstellar Overdrive, and MOTHERFUCKIN' BIKE are made of SuperWin.

I've got a mouse
He hasn't got a house
I don't know why I call him Gerald ...

I don't own that and don't really want to.

Lucifer Sam is good, AD and IO are good as well.

Axver said:

Wish You Were Here. NOW.

Animals is actually my favourite, but an introduction to GOOD Pink Floyd via three songs over 10 minutes long may not be so wise. WYWH combines their shorter and more sprawling sides.

I'm actually down with long songs, so far i'm addicted to Comfortably Numb.

It's not that long, but you see my point.

coolian2 said:

Same - the reason i turn the lights and other stuff off is because power is expensive.

Gimmicky crap like Earth Hour are a reason why people like me don't take climate change lobby groups seriously.

It pleases me that Split Enz are currently burning a lot of at the Vector Arena right now - i wish i'd got tickets.

What shits me is that people participate in these feel good Earth Hour things and think they're actually making a difference. It's like with Live Aid - it doesn't make even a single fucking dent in the situation. Genuine change and proactive leadership at the political level is what's needed.

Oh man, you missed out on seeing the Enz? I feel for you. They fucking OWNED Brisbane in 2006. The spoon solo ...! :drool:

Anyway Im outta here people. Gotta look after the bro and sis.

Remember to vote in the PF thread, if you know PF.

Also, vote in my fav Friends character in Zoo Station.

Bye all!!!

PS jen everything, at this stage, is right for U23D. So pumped thank you sooo much!

COBL_04 said:

I don't own that and don't really want to.

Lucifer Sam is good, AD and IO are good as well.

Dude, Piper is totally worth it. The drug-fueled creativity is insane.

My personal PF album rankings:

1. Animals
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Piper

COBL_04 said:
Anyway Im outta here people. Gotta look after the bro and sis.

Remember to vote in the PF thread, if you know PF.

Also, vote in my fav Friends character in Zoo Station.

Bye all!!!

PS jen everything, at this stage, is right for U23D. So pumped thank you sooo much!

exxxxcelent.......

COBL_04 said:

Oh, I must have missed NLOTH. The clip I got was the scales one, which was what I was referring to. How the hell can people get excited over that?? I hate to say it, but I laugh at some of the people who frequent that forum.

And you'll notice that two of the songs you pointed out were Gilmour songs. Nuff said.

The scales one was hilarious. I loved some of the posts about how it was bringing back rock or something. No, it was just scales. Sorry, people. NLOTH was actually a song, just almost all of it is completely impossible to hear! There's some guitar at the end that with good headphones is fairly apparent, but that's it. One of the worst "beach" clips.

Gilmour is made of win and is really necessary to keep Waters in check. The lack of Gilmour on Waters' solo albums really, really hurts the overall result.

And see you later! :wave:

Axver said:

Dude, Piper is totally worth it. The drug-fueled creativity is insane.

My personal PF album rankings:

1. Animals
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Piper

Funny, my Dad is very anti-drugs, and he always says to me bands woulda been sooo much better without them. He reckons Floyd, Beatles, Stones etc woulda been better w/o drugs.

Are you kidding me Dad??? The creativity that came from drugs... Lucy in the Sky?

COBL_04 said:

Funny, my Dad is very anti-drugs, and he always says to me bands woulda been sooo much better without them. He reckons Floyd, Beatles, Stones etc woulda been better w/o drugs.

Are you kidding me Dad??? The creativity that came from drugs... Lucy in the Sky?

:lmao:

No, Pink Floyd would not have been better without drugs. PINK FLOYD WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED WITHOUT DRUGS.

Also, to add to the list of things on EYKIW that shits me:

People referring to Bono's "kermit voice". I don't get this comparison AT ALL. I can't pick it, I don't hear it, it's just not there. It belongs with Peterrrrr's smoke sound and rain note.

I'm worried my desert island links aren't working. I'm trying to download them and they seem to stop. It could be since I'm on vacation and my internet connection is less than stable. Would anyone be willing to check if I post the links?

I'm going to bed soon, I swear. Gotta finish up this playlist though. I just put a bunch of U2 songs on it, and I know I'm gonna regret it :sigh: It's not that I don't like U2, it's just that when I put U2 songs on playlists, I end up putting way too many so that they overpower the whole thing, and it just gets annoying.

Rawr, I'll narrow it down tomorrow :grumpy:

Meanwhile... Elevation (Sexy Mix) :drool: I love Bononoises. I would totally make a remix of just sexy Bononoises, but the hotness of it would cause massive spontaneous combustion among PLEBAns, and that would be bad for the whole global warming thing.

the tourist said:
I'm worried my desert island links aren't working. I'm trying to download them and they seem to stop. It could be since I'm on vacation and my internet connection is less than stable. Would anyone be willing to check if I post the links?

Yeah, sure, I'll give it a go for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom