jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aidan O'Leary said:
In the words of Diamond, "Ka-ching."

It's a terribly poor reflection on him that you have to talk to him with an alter to get him to even consider responding to a point. What a sad, petty man.

If he invaded here... I'd go into total attack mode, and it wouldn't be pretty.

I'd probably start by asking why his wife clearly doesn't wear the magical mormon undergarments.

Axver said:
It's a terribly poor reflection on him that you have to talk to him with an alter to get him to even consider responding to a point. What a sad, petty man.
He responded to me, but probably only because I have breasts in my avatar.

But I got really offended when he called me love and told me to stop sexualizing Bono :angry:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Kinda like COBL = Cobble, HTDAAB = Hut Dab, and ATYCLB = Atty Club :D
Fair enough... although I usually just refer to HTDAAB as Bomb... when I try to pronounce the acronym it ends up sorta "h't'd'b-bugger it"

phillyfan26 said:
LastEdgeonEarth is a trip, too. I'm dubbing him the "new struckpx."

I love his thread about whether or not U2's rushing the new album.

IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARS. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO HAVE RUSHED THIS THING.

Frankly, if it takes you four years to make an album, you either are out of ideas or your attention is somewhere not on the music.

Alisaura said:

Fair enough... although I usually just refer to HTDAAB as Bomb... when I try to pronounce the acronym it ends up sorta "h't'd'b-bugger it"

My "bugger it" acronym is ISHFWILF. "Ish-if-wilf"? I'll just call it "Still Haven't Found"! It's easier.

If you followed American Football, you would love his Devin Hester Appreciation Thread even more. I'm not sure how to make an equivalent in another sport, because Hester plays such an obscure position. But he vehemently believes Hester will make the Hall of Fame, which is absurd. Hilarity ensues.

Axver said:

Well, I do get to create my Kieran-mocking journal entries when I sign in as Aidan, so there is that.

Alisaura said:

Yeah, same.

What's wrong with succinct titles??

If you had a succinct title, then you couldn't get stuck in a mouthful you can't get out of.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

My post that was edited:

Something not as deep inside me tells me that you have better things to do than spend your days on message boards at 12 midnight posting about your disdain for Hillary Clinton and your love for Mitt Romney, so don't get me started on wasted time.

I just don't think it's fair to the "newbies" for you to lie to them and say you were joking, when you clearly weren't. It's so easy to claim such looking back and realizing no one bought your idea, but it's disingenuous to do so, and a bit disrespectful to them.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I'd throw a tomato at you, but I loathe the things.
I'd throw a tomato at him, but I like them... wouldn't you be more likely to throw tomatoes if you didn't want to eat them?

But then if you loathe them, I suppose you wouldn't actually HAVE any. :der:

*throws imaginary brussels sprouts*

OK, if you're throwing vegetables at me, I won't be here all week!

:flees:

phillyfan26 said:
My post that was edited:

Something not as deep inside me tells me that you have better things to do than spend your days on message boards at 12 midnight posting about your disdain for Hillary Clinton and your love for Mitt Romney, so don't get me started on wasted time.

I just don't think it's fair to the "newbies" for you to lie to them and say you were joking, when you clearly weren't. It's so easy to claim such looking back and realizing no one bought your idea, but it's disingenuous to do so, and a bit disrespectful to them.

Awesome. I'd have kept it.

I made Sicy sad though. And she's aware that Aidan is mine. The only reason I'm posting with him is because if I posted as me, Diamond would obsess over his recent removal of me from his ignore list and my age. But mostly, my age.

What is with the hate for Sixty Seconds? How is Endless Deep or A Celebration better than it?

phillyfan26 said:
What is with the hate for Sixty Seconds? How is Endless Deep or A Celebration better than it?

Yeah, this is baffling. SSIKC may not be the best UF instrumental, but it's a lovely track.

I voted Endless Deep myself.

But really, ALL the songs there are made of awesome, including Endless Deep and voting for it sucked.

Alisaura said:

I'd throw a tomato at him, but I like them... wouldn't you be more likely to throw tomatoes if you didn't want to eat them?

But then if you loathe them, I suppose you wouldn't actually HAVE any. :der:

*throws imaginary brussels sprouts*
I don't even like touching tomatoes.

My aversion to them is not as bad as my phobia of coconuts.

I went to see Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest in the theater. And there's that part where Captain Jack Sparrow is tied to the big stick thing, and he skewers a coconut with it, and there was this closup of the coconut and it was leaking, and I was like *CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE* MAKE IT STOP :yikes:

I have problems :reject:

DOL's got a point about cocnuts, sorta. But I say that because I'm allergic to them.

As for tomatoes, I wasn't allowed them when I was little because they set off my eczema. Nowadays they don't, so I enjoy having tomato.

Seeya pfan!

I don't hate Sixty Seconds, considering I also heard it for the first time today... But why is it called Sixty Seconds when it's three minutes? :lol:

Wow, that's some aversion, Chass! :uhoh: Any idea how that started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom