JEM girls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn454

War Child
Did anybody else love JEM girls when they were a kid? Remember the dolls? The TV show? Kimber, Aja and Shana? Synergy? What a cool 80's band they were, too bad their careers did't last!
wink.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

heee heee *relives childhood* I had their tape. It was magenta...I even had a light pink tape player to play it in....oh the days o'the 80s!

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Hey, I'm a JEM girl too! I had all the dolls and the fake electric guitar that you could open up and turn into JEM's recording studio. Ah, memories...

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

I used to love Jem too! I had some of the dolls and I got the paper dolls too. I'm pretty sure I had the tape as well.

------------------
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. --Jennifer Unlimited

That show was truly outraegeous...truly, truly, truly outraegeous.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

JEM!!!! And the Holograms!!! I loved them!

jemlogo.gif

Remember the Misfits? They were pure evil.

I still have all of my dolls (and I do mean ALL of them; I even had the Synergy one!)...wanna have a sleepover and play Jem? lol
biggrin.gif

I used to tape all of the episodes, and once my best friend at the time and I painted our faces like the Misfits and put on a "concert". I loved the Misfits....pure evil, heh, wonder why?
wink.gif

I still have my Jem doll in the basement...but she lost a hand somewhere.

I loved Jem.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

oohh noooooo not the Jem dolls! Never played with them when I was a kid but I knew about them. The colouring books were the worst I think 'coz if anyone remembers u could give the picture green hair and really ugly colour clothes lol I was more the tomboy growing up. Lord do you know how hard it is today to even HAVE the nickname of Jem??? Ppl always ask me if I got it from that damn doll. I have to go into a whole explination of No it's not from the doll it's from a StarWars comic book character. ok i'm done.
*Hides under a MacPhisto blanket* They say things always come back to haunt you...and this is one of them! hehe

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

Originally posted by mocool12:
jemlogo.gif

*Gasp* I thought I'd never see that logo again!!!!.....thank goodness for the internet!

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

gah! i LOVED jem when i was little!!! i had aja, jem/jerrica (lol!), kimber, one of the misfits (the lead one- what was her name??) and, of course jem's sex-ay boyfriend RIO!!! (with his purple hair... lmao)

i remember 2 of my friends and i entered a contest over the phone, where you had to call in and sing the "Jem" themesong... i forget what the prize was.

"truly outrageous!!!"

JEM ROCKS!!!

Jem!
Jem is excitement....ooooooooohhh Jem
Jem is adventure....oooooooohhhh
Glamour and Glitter, Fashion and Fame...Jem!!
Is truly outrageous, truly truly truly...ok, enough out of me.

I used to LOVE this show. I want to be Jem with those cool earrings.

And Ally... the lead singer of the misfits was Pizazz (along with Roxy and Stormer...
biggrin.gif
)

I need help I think.

I have the mp3 of the theme song!!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom