Jeff Buckley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
I picked up Grace a few weeks ago and it's all I've been listening to. What a gorgeous album. Bought it mostly due to the fact that a number of Interferencers have offered high praise for Buckley. Wow, I had heard good things about him over the years but I pretty much ignored all the rave reviews, for whatever reason. I'm glad I finally discovered the late JB.

I'm a bit reticent to pick up another of his albums as I can't imagine any of the others matching the beauty of Grace.

oh pub, I am so glad you took our word for it and bought the album. He really has an entrancing voice, does he not? I was just getting back into "Grace" last week. Good variety of musical styles...the man was definitely a true talent. One can only wonder what he would have developed into had he had the opportunity.
frown.gif

p.s. What did you think of his cover of Cohen's "Hallelujah" ?

I love Grace. It's an excellent album. "Lover, You Should've Come Over" is my favourite song on the cd. And I can play part of it on the guitar! Trust me, for me, that's quite an accomplishment.
smile.gif

Megan
spam4.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by pub crawler:
I picked up Grace a few weeks ago and it's all I've been listening to. What a gorgeous album. Bought it mostly due to the fact that a number of Interferencers have offered high praise for Buckley. Wow, I had heard good things about him over the years but I pretty much ignored all the rave reviews, for whatever reason. I'm glad I finally discovered the late JB.

I'm a bit reticent to pick up another of his albums as I can't imagine any of the others matching the beauty of Grace.

VH1 placed "Grace" in its list of the top 100 albums of all-time....do any of you agree?

Great album. I discovered him not long after the 9/11 incident when his version of Hallelujah got some airplay. That song and Last Goodbye are my favs. Excellent singer, songwriter and guitarist. He was the complete package.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

sula, Buckley's version of Hallelujah is great backdrop music for Sunday morning meditations.... really wonderful.

mads, SILLY MADS!
wink.gif
:p (hey mads you've been wondering how ancient and craggly I am, well I'll tell ya there are a few pix with me in them here on Interference... the mystery is over!)

I was fortunate to have seen Jeff live many times. What a beautiful soul. I'm always happy to hear when somebody discovers his music.

I really like Jeff Buckley- I dont know how I discovered him but I have owned Grace since it first came out back in 96 I think- such a shame what happened to him, anyway I strongly suggest that if you like him then try some of his Father's music- the similarites in their voices is uncanny- I would suggest Tim Buckley's album 'Greetings from LA' this is truly a beautiful album
smile.gif

If you really like Grace:

1.) Pick up the double album "Sketches for my Sweetheart the Drunk." It's some of the songs that Jeff was planning to release before his very tragic death. The tunes are mostly pretty rough, but damn, there's some great stuff on that set. If you don't want to get the whole thing, check out "The Sky is a Landfill," "New Year's Prayer," "Vancouver," "Jewel Box," and "Satisfied Mind."

2.) Get the "Live at Sin-e" EP. A must-own.

3.) Look into some of his hard-to-find songs; you'll probably have to go to Audiogalaxy or an FTP or something to track them down. I recommend in particular "Thousandfold," "Forget Her," and "Strange Fruit." He also has somewhere out in the ether two acoustic Bob Dylan covers: "Farewell Angelina" and "Mama You've Been On My Mind," the latter of which is positively heartbreaking.

Didn't we just do a Jeff Buckley thread not too long ago?

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Man, is not "J'en Ne Cannais pas la fin" one of the most beautiful things you've ever heard?!?!
It's a cover, by the way.

ahh..mon amore
oh..toi toujours

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Back
Top Bottom