Jeff Buckley????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hes like an angel from heaven
go out and buy Grace now!
Truly one of the most beautiful voices of our generation.
If u wanna test some tunes out first I recommend..
Last Goodbye
So Real
Hallelujah

*sigh*

Im a big fan of his daddy Tim, too but check out Jeff first..

------------------
Proudly brought to you by Bonobubbles*

Yes buy Grace!!!!! His voice is so beautiful and mesmerizing...you just gotta hear it...

------------------
Ready for the Laughing Gas

"Grace" is one of the greatest CDs I've ever heard. He was an amazing singer with a complex musical sense. Every song on here knocks me out, especially the slower ones So Real, Lilac Wine & Hallelujah where he really shows his voice and intense emotions. You can't remain unmoved by this CD. I listened to it for weeks on end when I first got it. The only reason I don't play it as much now is the sadness I feel that there will never be another new CD by him. I was lucky enough to see a short free radio station concert by him in Boston in 1995.

I love Jeff Buckley, Grace is one of my favorite albums - I agree with ZA on song choices too - Halleluja is probably my favorite. Funny, I've found that lots of U2 fans are fans of his as well....

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

well, I will disagree... but only slightly.

Jeff Buckley seems to have entered martyrdom when it comes to fan adulation. As often is the case when a rock star (or any famous figure) dies prematurely, the deification begins.

He had talent, but it was mostly potential. I think he was a pretty good songwriter, but certainly not a great one. He may have become a great one, but we'll never get the chance to find out.

That said, the guy had an amazing voice. And 'Grace' is wonderful for that reason alone. I came across some Jeff Buckley website where someone with some knowledge of the technical aspects of the human voice gave a little dissertation about his voice. According to this person, Jeff had some very rare vocal range combinations. Vocal ranges & specific range combinations that very few have, including the likes of great opera singers. The exact terminology used, I don't recall. (I never knew there were so many nuanced terminologies for the human voice!)

Right now, I'm hoping to find some Buckley video that is floating out around there. I hear one made of a Chicago performance is really quite special. Has anyone seen it, or any video of his for that matter? Your opinions please. What is worth pursuing?

Jeff Buckley is pretty amazing, I fell in love with him in 1995 and have constantly played my copy of Grace over and over again, he truly does have a beautiful voice....and I thoroughly reccomend buying his Father's album- 'Greetings from LA'- this album is sublime, the song 'Sweet Surrender' is amazing, the passion and heart that is in this song always looses me for words, I am just awe inspired- go get it now!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom